#%&@*^@$+!~`

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

As there is no rant an rave forum I thought I would just put this here .....Normally I don't get to upset any more with the impossible things that sometimes go on here but today was an exception .... I don't know maybe it was the fact that I couldn't find an a/v switch in ALL of SM or maybe it was just that time of the month but anyway ...........................Over 4 years ago we opened a savings .... dollar and checking account with a local bank to make life easier on us here in the Phils ...... the first thing that happened is that I started using my savings atm debit card to purchase groceries in SM (by the way this is the ONLY store in Cebu that this happens in) ..... the first thing is because I am a foreigner they kept telling me that HAD to check my balance before charging my bill to the card ..... I told them NO .... the card is good you don't need to see how much I have in my account ..... that as far as I'm concerned is an invasion of privacy ..... but a supervisor told me it was to ensure that the bank was on line ..... I told her if the bank was not on line the transaction would not go through so that was no excuse ..... she then told me it was so I would know how much money I had in my account .... I told her I always know if I have enough money in my account to cover my expense ..... I told her I would go elsewhere if this was their policy ..... she said oh no sir you can tell the girl you don't want you balance to be checked ..... doh ....I got tired of the girls looking at my account balance and giggling while looking back at me ..... so I closed out my savings and just started using my check card ..... which by the way is not called CHECKING but CURRENT now I have no earthly idea where the term CURRENT came from but that is what term they use ...... even my bank doesn't know but that is what they refer to it as (not the bank) ...... so now they don't check my balance any more they just can't understand why a foreigner has a CURRENT account and keep pushing the savings button ..... now I repeat "this is a CURRENT account NOT a SAVINGS account" I repeat this at least 3 times ...... but either some girls don't understand what CURRENT is or they just don't know how to use the card machine ......Well it happened again to day but with a twist .... the girl tried 2 different machines and came back and said "sir do you have another card .... this one comes back ERROR" ..... now the only time that happens is when they push the SAVINGS button as there is no savings account ..... so I asked her if she pushed CURRENT ..... she looked at me with the deer in the headlights stare and called for a supervisor ..... the supervisor came up and tried one machine (with out saying anything to me) and turned to me as and said "ERROR sir" I said try the CURRENT button ..... without even trying she turned to me and said "OFF LINE SIR" ...... now this is what they say to save face as there can be no argument as what can you do if the bank is off-line ..... so all is well with the world and face has been saved ...... that is the most important thing ...... :hystery: :hystery:Now i know I'm gonna hear ... well pay with cash .... sorry I don't carry a lot of cash with me ...... or well then go to another store .... well I would but SM carries all the normal stuff we use and has a good variety ...... WELL THEN QUIT BITCHING AND PUT UP WITH IT .......yup guess I will have to because I have no way of making them understand how to do their job ....... and the bad thing is they change girls like a GRO changes underwear .......Now the kicker is my asawa is always with me and they don't understand her either ...... but then I've been told that they don't understand Tagalog in Cebu ...... as only in Manila do they speak Tagalog ........ :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Change banks or use cash. I guess you have no other choices.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not the banks fault OLD55 ..... really has nothing to do with them ...... sorry just I felt like bitching .... got it outta my system now ..... just one of those little niceties you learn to put up with here in paradise ...... :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

just curious, did you look at the machine and see if there is a button called "Current"?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
PUT UP WITH IT
That part I agree with. It is unfortunate but it is what it is. The part about quit bichin? Nah. Thats what we do here. Just don't do it with the clerks Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Garpo
Posted
Posted

You win some and you lose some. Except in this type of situation you just lose some......... It too, will pass... :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

I would have been VERY tempted to go back into the store and load up with loads of stuff from the butchery, cheese and other counters where they have to prepare the stuff for you and then let them check it out in the same checkout and then when they say they cannot process your card..... walk away.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
then let them check it out in the same checkout and then when they say they cannot process your card..... walk away.
Been there, done that, they honestly and truthfully do not care! Not the supervisors, not the cashiers, not the stockboys, they smile and nod and do not care. As to the owner, you would never find them in the store and I doubt they would care either, unless enough did it to cause them a loss.
  • Like 2

P.S.
Posted
Posted

sounds like a typical shopping day.............

Curley
Posted
Posted
then let them check it out in the same checkout and then when they say they cannot process your card..... walk away.
Been there, done that, they honestly and truthfully do not care! Not the supervisors, not the cashiers, not the stockboys, they smile and nod and do not care. As to the owner, you would never find them in the store and I doubt they would care either, unless enough did it to cause them a loss.
Yes, I was going to include frozen foods in my list but thought they will not care if it defrosts.... just chuck it back in the freezer.