#%&@*^@$+!~`

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I know this isn't nice but if you have it happen again, ask for a supervisor to come and try. Once she determines that she can't do it either, have her remain and then pay cash - in the smallest denominations that you can get. After doing this once or twice, the supervisors will start to remember how to process your card properly. I had to do this in one of the asian grocery stores in Toronto because they couldnt' process my debit card in their bank issued debit / visa machine (and from my bank too!). The owners didnt' like us white people shopping there - but after the second time paying a bill for $250 with Loonies ($1 coins) and quarters, they welcomed me and my debit card with open arms!

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
... which by the way is not called CHECKING but CURRENT now I have no earthly idea where the term CURRENT came from but that is what term they use ......
I wouldn't have your problem because I just carry cash these days.Cheque accounts were invented long before savings accounts. If savings accounts were invented at the same time there may have been a different terminology.It is current because the account holds funds that are available to use on demand. As compared to funds that are invested and can't be touched.It is a term I was introduced to in 1980.Regards: Jim
  • Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

I have two accounts linked at the same bank. My visa debit card operates on the everyday account and that is the balance which could be viewed.I maintain enough money in this account to provide for whatever i need.The other account is an online only account and can only be viewed by me or the bank. :541:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just to clarify a little bit BOTH of my accounts both the savings (now closed) and my checking had atm cards attached to them ..... as far as funds go when the card is presented and used that amount is immediately depleted from your account ..... there is no waiting period .... as with a check ..... I have gotten home and checked my account and found the amount of the transaction already deducted from my balance in both the savings and checkin .... .... so I don't know what the current would refer ..... I don't write currents .... I write checks on my checking account ..... the bank lists it as CHECKING not CURRENT account ..... maybe I will just tell them "I don't have a SAVINGS account" and see what royal screw up they can come up with ..... :541: :) :hystery: ...... anyway it helps pass the time ...... :mocking:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just to clarify a little bit BOTH of my accounts both the savings (now closed) and my checking had atm cards attached to them ..... as far as funds go when the card is presented and used that amount is immediately depleted from your account ..... there is no waiting period .... as with a check ..... I have gotten home and checked my account and found the amount of the transaction already deducted from my balance in both the savings and checkin .... .... so I don't know what the current would refer ..... I don't write currents .... I write checks on my checking account ..... the bank lists it as CHECKING not CURRENT account ..... maybe I will just tell them "I don't have a SAVINGS account" and see what royal screw up they can come up with ..... :541: :) :hystery: ...... anyway it helps pass the time ...... :mocking:
Just to ask again, what buttons are on their Eftpos machines, if none are labeled Current then how will anyone do a transaction for you? I have never looked or used Eftpos machines in the RP, only ATMS so I don't know what is on them. :89:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sorry Tom ... didn't intentionally ignore you ..... I believe there are 2 buttons at the top of the handheld and if I remember correctly they are opposite each other but I will definitely check again of Tuesday when we go shopping again ..... I try to watch them so I can see where their little fingers go but me ol'eyes ain't near as quick as their little nimble fingers ...... :541: :) ..... by the way a few have owned up to it when they push the wrong button and when the right button is pushed the transaction goes through .... so that is how I found out what was going on .... and then there are some girls that get it right the first time ...... but the strange thing is that of all the stores where I use my atm card in ONLY SM grocery store can't get it right I have never and I mean never had a problem anywhere else including SM department store ... Ayala ... Robinsons or Rustans ..... I think it is just poor training on SM's part ..... sounds good anyway ..... :hystery:

• Like 1