Meet Girlfriend At Manila Naia Airport Or At Hotel?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Turn 30 degrees to the left and you will see the white taxi stand. You go inside and tell them where you are going and they have a fixed price for your destination. They are somewhat more expensive than the yellows but with the white ones, you know you are getting into a reputable company's cab with a professional driver. Any yahoo can drive a yellow and drive you anywhere. You wouldn't be the first person to get robbed while taking a yellow taxi from NAIA. I always pay a bit more but at least I know what I am getting into.

Wondering if Manila is the opposite as in colors of taxi's because in Cebu normal taxi is white and yellow is airport taxi?

I think he may have reversed it by accident.

Ummmmm, I do know my left from my right and white from yellow.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just asking if the colors are different in Manila as its the other way around in Cebu unless something has changed since I was there last.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK,did some Googling.

Yellow cabs at NAIA

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 21:32:00 03/04/2008

Filed Under: Road Transport

MANILA, Philippines -- A piece of New York will now welcome tourists, balikbayans (returning overseas Filipinos) and business travelers to Manila as yellow cabs have joined the fleet of airport taxicabs in the country?s premier hub.

Starting Wednesday, taxis in Manhattan yellow will line up to ferry arriving passengers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) terminals for a new metered taxi service.

The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) launched the new taxi service at the NAIA Centennial Terminal on Tuesday afternoon as an alternative offering to accredited coupon taxis that charge at a fixed rate by destination.

?We are proud to have initiated and spearheaded this new service that we are offering to passengers and airport users. Now, they have a cheaper but safe mode of transportation,? said MIAA General Manager Alfonso Cusi said in a statement. Tarra Quismundo

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/breakingnews/view/20080304-122780/Yellow_cabs_at_NAIA

earthdome
Posted
Posted
It was my initial thought exactly that she is afraid you will meet and greet another girl prior to seeing her. Notwithstanding your intentions, it is far far easier just to have her come to your hotel. The reception area at that terminal is shoulder to shoulder crowded with entire families awaiting arrivees and somewhat confusing to get to.

I will be meeting my gf at the hotel. At first she insisted on meeting me at the airport but she had never met anyone at the international terminal before. After describing the greeting area to her I was finally able to convince her to meet at the hotel.

Thank you to all the forum members who responded.

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
It was my initial thought exactly that she is afraid you will meet and greet another girl prior to seeing her. Notwithstanding your intentions, it is far far easier just to have her come to your hotel. The reception area at that terminal is shoulder to shoulder crowded with entire families awaiting arrivees and somewhat confusing to get to.

hmmmmmmmmmm ......................... what happen to romance and the excitement of meeting up after a long absence .......................... how mundane, tsk, tsk, tsk ..............

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

hmmmmmmmmmm ......................... what happen to romance and the excitement of meeting up after a long absence .......................... how mundane, tsk, tsk, tsk ..............

I'm sure Earthdome and his lady friend will probably create a dramatic scene in the hotel lobby. They could

catch up on the mundane things like -- how's the weather, how's the family, how's the family dog....etc.

I'll give them about 2 seconds to complete that formality and then they will visit the nearest museum....NOT!

Hey Earthdome, come up for air every couple minutes, OK? Have a great time, my friend -- Jake

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Well, NAIA International Terminal 1 is no Casablanca and I am no Humphrey Bogart. :)

Any suggestions on how to make the meeting after a long absence at the hotel more romantic? My girlfriend mentioned pasalobo ??, a gift when you go to visit someone?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
I'm sure Earthdome and his lady friend will probably create a dramatic scene in the hotel lobby. They could catch up on the mundane things like -- how's the weather, how's the family, how's the family dog....etc. I'll give them about 2 seconds to complete that formality and then they will visit the nearest museum....NOT! Hey Earthdome, come up for air every couple minutes, OK? Have a great time, my friend -- Jake

Yeah, more likely, anyone in the vicinity when we meet will be thinking "Get a room!".

Thanks Jake

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, NAIA International Terminal 1 is no Casablanca and I am no Humphrey Bogart. :)

Any suggestions on how to make the meeting after a long absence at the hotel more romantic? My girlfriend mentioned pasalobo ??, a gift when you go to visit someone?

You're not Bogey? but your pic? Wow! Sure had me fooled! :mocking: Oh I is soooo bad!

Pasalobo is gift, right? a Filipino relative of mine recommended that I take a ton of little inexpensive gifts for everybody I meet in my sweetheart's family and close friends - with a better gift for mom and the important family members. Candies or chocolates for the kids, trinkets for the older folks (hope they like Niagara Falls tourist trinkets). This is common to do when returning from a trip or visiting relatives I am told... Or meeting the family for the first time.... Oh oh!

Edited by i am bob

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is usually just the women who look forward to the gifts. I have always had good luck with bringing some Victoria Secret lotions and body sprays. Chocolate is a must in just about any part of the Philippines.

For that special time with your girl I would suggest a sexy outfit, again from Victoria Secret and I also contacted the motel staff and had them assist in having a beautiful flower arraignment delivered to my girlfriend just before my arrival. If you contact the motel then they will allow for the girl to check in and enter the room before you get there. Just tell them that she is your fiancée.

Edited by Garpo
  • Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Yes for you better at the hotel, the first time i arrived at naia my wife was there, she had wanted to meet me there, she had an aunt and cousin living in Manila so she arrived a few days before i landed and stayed with them for a visit, they all were at the airport they also had a taxi waiting, i had planned to stay in manila for a few days to look around, and had flights to davao for us both,now i go from naia to terminal 2 get my plane to davao and she meets me there, none of the Manila rat race.

• Like 2