Philippines Or Thailand

Jake
Posted
Posted

If your intent is to spend the rest of your life enjoying different women I say Thailand. If your intent is to find a soulmate who will open your eyes to the real world and teach you things you thought you already knew, I say Philippines.

There are PLENTY of bad girls you can get hooked up with in the P.I. but there are MILLIONS of good ones. Find a good one and see what it's like to be reborn.

Where's the triple like button Steve? Seven thousand islands to explore and MILLION opportunities to find

your soul mate. My wife Judy is both my Angel and tormentor.....he, he. Her sign is Scorpio and her bite

gives me both pain and pleasure. Oooh yeah!

Good boy ako -- Jake

• Like 5

Curley
Posted
Posted

If your intent is to spend the rest of your life enjoying different women I say Thailand. If your intent is to find a soulmate who will open your eyes to the real world and teach you things you thought you already knew, I say Philippines.

There are PLENTY of bad girls you can get hooked up with in the P.I. but there are MILLIONS of good ones. Find a good one and see what it's like to be reborn.

Good post Steve, I too believe that the Fillipinas are generally better, I can always go to Thailand on holidays, I keep forgetting that when I'm retired I will be able to do anything at any time, so if I live in the Philippines and get a hankering for Thailand.....just hop on a plane.. The idea of being retired soon is frightening and thrilling at the same time.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Good to hear you came to a decision - and now we won't have to worry about hopping a plane when it's your round for the cold ones! Seriously I can understand the dilema you faced but I'm glad you came to a decision that you will enjoy - and the rest of your friends on here will too!

earthdome
Posted
Posted
The idea of being retired soon is frightening and thrilling at the same time.

Yeah, I am at that same place. I will retire sometime in the next 6-10 months. No firm date set yet. But excited about starting a new chapter in my life.

Hopefully a nice long one!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
KanoJoe
Posted
Posted

Hell, I can retire any time and still won't. I actually did pull the plug last year and spent some time in Costa Rica, but got bored. I was then offered a 1 year contract back in the states, so I took it. Now that I've roped myself into a 1 year gig, I wished I hadn't. Sometimes we don't know what we want. That's what women are for, to tell us what we want. lol...

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
My wife Judy is both my Angel and tormentor.....he, he. Her sign is Scorpio and her bite gives me both pain and pleasure. Oooh yeah!

I KNOW IT!!! at last you admitted youre a masochist, eh??????????????

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
crazykopite
Posted
Posted

I note that you are from the UK and I am assuming you may well be of retirement age if this is the case should you reside in the Phillipines then your UK state pension would be increased each year , however if you lived in Thailand this would not be the case. I am a resident inThailand at this moment in time and due to the UK pension laws am considering the purchase of a condo in the Phillipines so that I can live between the two destinations as for the woman well that I do not know as my wife is from the UK but what I see with what has happened to friends who married Thai woman out of some 20 I know two are still married the rest have seen the wife vanish with the credit card ,car, and even house because they were daft enough to put everything in the thai wifes name. My nearest neighbour who is 68 has a 4 year old child and his wife is 40 years old in the 5 years of knowing her he has lost everything a lot of Thai's love to gamble as is the case of his wife he tells me the loan sharks have already made a visit to his house and he expects them to have taken it from them within the month. I really feel sorry for him as once the house goes I am sure his wife will move back up north with his child and leave him with nothing.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

After 11 years in Thailand full time, I last year moved to Cebu and I don't regret it for a moment. Although Thailand is easier to live in, and many things are cheaper (electronics and more), I don't regret my move.

Philippine people are so much more polite, friendly and nicer to be around, than the thais. :AddEmoticons04230:

Try to have a relationship in Thailand, and it feels like a business transaction from day 1. Nagging for money is a daily occurance. Amazing how many times a brother/sister or the family buffalo can get sick, and need expensive treatment.

Before a Thai girlfriend was happy to get 150$ a month - now I can't get a gf in Thailand for less than 700$. Talk about inflation.

I speak their language fluently, and daily I heard many locals expressing their hate towards us foreigners.

Traffic stops seems to be aimed at foreigner, while locals get waiwed around.

Crime rate is as always up up up.

Number of European / US tourist have dropped like a stone the last 2 years.

Since year 2010 Thailand aimed their tourist trade towards India, we see mostly central Asians here since then.

Thailand is changing fast - too fast for the longtime expat. They're moving out in big numbers last years. Some return home, but most say the go to neighboring Asian countries.

I think we will see a big increase in tourist numbers, to the Philippines the coming years.

• Like 1