2 Years Before Retirement Is Really Harder!

redhorse
Posted
Posted

Hi guys. Just want to vent here since I'm struggling with ever so distant future for my retirement. This is how I see it. I'm due to retire in 2 years. Now. Some of you might say 2 years is nothing and that those 2 years will go by quickly. On the other hand I think this year,the year before the last year here, in the states might be the longest. The anticipation of moving and not being there is killing me. I'd return to P.I. if my retirement wasn't so close and yet so farrrrr,if you know what I mean. As you know I've been there for a long haul. But next year,which will be the last year here in the states will be the greatest I think. With planning and doing the bucket list before my final good bye and just having fun fantasizing about retirement. This in of and itself should be a fun!! I'll be boucing off the wall.

But for now...I'm miserable. Just wish that this is the very last year here in Los Angeles!!

Sorry for the rant.

My pals are also fascinated with my pension and an early retirement. Many want to be in my shoes.

thanks Redhorse :cheersty: :dance:

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted

I'm in my last month before retirement and it's dragging, I hate it, I want to go NOW.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm already retired... Just have to pay off one last "big" bill to be debt-free before I can do the big move!!!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Trust me, I know the feeling, 7 months left and now time is flying due to the final arraingments etc. When i was at the two year mark i really began my serious research. I have a series of blogs, web sites and forums that i monitor on a daily basis. Even though i have been the the phil many times i knew there was a huge difference between visiting and living there. I feel so much more comfortable now becuase i picked the brains (thanks guys) of those who have gone before me. Use the last two years wisely...research, research and then more research. it will fly by

• Like 5

dean01
Posted
Posted

it been 12 hrs only 17,568 hours to go , lol

• Like 1

Terpe
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Newbie here. I'm retired and almost ready to make the move. I almost booked a container with a shipping company last week when my wife had second thoughts and asked if we could stay on in UK for a short time. :unsure:

After discussion and research we both agreed that was probably a better plan. There's still such a lot of preparation work to do, not least my 13a visa and all the associated paperwork.

So now I joined this forum to hopefully make all those preparations a little easier. :cheersty:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:) My time is now 424 days and most definitely counting, When I think of the 5 year plan it was, time has just slipped bye. Now all of a Sudden it is down to days. Getting the End paper work done is a daunting thought but I think (HOPE) we have attacked it the right way. The main thing is we have Sold up here, the house will be ready ( :thumbsup: ) hopefully. As Terpe has said, Staying a short while longer can be a good thing. I will Formally Retire in May next year but have arranged to Stay part time on a Week to week Basis and ensure all the Paperwork is done. Once i know that the payments will be made, I will head off around November and Start to live our new life from Xmas. I never really new how I would feel about me staying in Europe and The Girls being in the PI for the last 2 years, little ones Schooling was a Big factor and Mamas health was another for Azon to be in Dumaguete. Hard decision but if we are to make the most and the best of our well earned retirement, then a good decision was made I feel.

Too many times I have heard and read about people not doing the Right thing, not crossing the T's or dotting the I's first and then end up with a problem.

For those in the same situation, so near yet so far, hang in there, the day WILL come soon enough, I will raise my Glass :cheers: to all that are so near to the life, we have been looking forward too. Lets hope we can stay young & well enough long Enough to Enjoy and reap the rewards of a Life at Work. :541:

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have about 9 months to go and I am going freaking insane! Forget planning... I want to leave right now 1%20%28103%29.gif

My short timers attitude is already creeping in at work. I hope I can get out before they fire me :whistling:

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted

Reading through these posts takes me back to the start of my countdown until I return home to the Philippines.... in many respects it seems like it has been forever, but at the same time, it is going quickly now.... damn, that sounds like I have dimensia... :89:

Days to go: 64

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I wish I was already counting days....I'm still at years...2ish to go. I hope it goes as quickly as many of you have described.

• Like 1