Observations Of Cebu

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I think its definitely nutrition. When I go back to the Province , Im back to being a giant at 5'11... I believe the new city diet has more protien and milk...Also... did you notice Cebu City becoming trashier.. as in more litter and garbage and eyesores than in the past. Simple things like litter bins and re-education could make a powerful impact on the city. I was in Cebu 10 years ago and just dont rember the streets being so littered and dirty (maybe they were did I "misremember"?) Also the Grafitti is really ugly... You would think that around heavy tourist areas like Fuente Osmena for example there would be street sweepers and trash cans etc.. ... I dont want to sound too negative ..just my first impressions upon returning... other PI cities seem to take cleanliness more seriously.AlsoHow about more international... Korean, Japanese, Indian, Chinese..and lots more Foreigner retirees around.
All great observations and welcome back Sam. I think you are correct about the litter and that might be because of so many more people, and it seems there are more gangs which probably cause the grafitti, and I guess since they watch TV more now and cable and satellite TV, they get to see movies and pick up the bad habits. ....I was really annoyed back a few years when I saw sex in the city on cable while staying in a hotel here, I said to my wife, there goes the morality and it seems I was correct because sadly there are also more and more girly bars popping up, which means more girls working in them and doing bar fines.Another thing that bothers me is that they seem to have picked up the rap music habit and I hate that in the states and hearing it here really upsets me, but this is their country and there is not much I can do about it. :thumbsup: Keep them coming guys and girls. :th_grouphug:
First of all rap music is an oxymoron. It is not music it is viloent and degrading poetry with a drum synthesizer.

Mik
Posted
Posted

If you go to a mall in the city it's interesting to look at the people. Noticing the complexion and build of the shoppers can be revealing about that person's occupation or station in life. Affluent city people look softer, plumper and whiter. There seems to be more of these at a city mall than in your local town's grocery store. A girl with strong arms and shoulders could be a house maid who does a lot of physical work cleaning, washing clothes, etc. A pale, slim girl may be an office worker. A pale, plump lady might be an office manager. The lady pinching your arm might be your wife objecting to your roving eyes. :rolleyes:

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
A girl with strong arms and shoulders could be a house maid who does a lot of physical work cleaning, washing clothes, etc. A pale, slim girl may be an office worker. A pale, plump lady might be an office manager. The lady pinching your arm might be your wife objecting to your roving eyes. :lol:
:rolleyes:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
If you go to a mall in the city it's interesting to look at the people. Noticing the complexion and build of the shoppers can be revealing about that person's occupation or station in life. Affluent city people look softer, plumper and whiter. There seems to be more of these at a city mall than in your local town's grocery store. A girl with strong arms and shoulders could be a house maid who does a lot of physical work cleaning, washing clothes, etc. A pale, slim girl may be an office worker. A pale, plump lady might be an office manager. The lady pinching your arm might be your wife objecting to your roving eyes. :)
Man, I never thought of it that way. Mike, you got it all figured out. :rolleyes: We need to make you a scout for newbies who want gf's but I doubt you wife would like that. :lol:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
If you go to a mall in the city it's interesting to look at the people. Noticing the complexion and build of the shoppers can be revealing about that person's occupation or station in life. Affluent city people look softer, plumper and whiter. There seems to be more of these at a city mall than in your local town's grocery store. A girl with strong arms and shoulders could be a house maid who does a lot of physical work cleaning, washing clothes, etc. A pale, slim girl may be an office worker. A pale, plump lady might be an office manager. The lady pinching your arm might be your wife objecting to your roving eyes. :lol:
Just research hon. :rolleyes: