Made It!

OBA
Posted
Posted

Arrived in manila 4/5, in cavite recovering. Will arrive in cebu 5/1, let me know if you have accomadation suggestions for my 2 week stay there in cebu. My budget for accomadations will be about 200$ per week. Thanks for everything guys, peace.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I thought someone was missing at roll call recently. Glad you made it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OBA
Posted
Posted

I thought someone was missing at roll call recently. Glad you made it :thumbsup:

Thanks bruh....

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

check out the site agoda.com they might have good info.

also in a previous topic there was info about a pension house, does anyone have that topic post?

good luck on your travels.

dont be shy 1%20(235).gif to ask others here on the Forum,

many of us are very willing to help or assist. :11_12_14[1]:

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 2

volstateguy
Posted
Posted (edited)

My last trip to Cebu I stayed in Regal Park Hotel and was pleased with my stay. It's conveniently located directly across the road from Ayala Mall, breakfast is included in the price of the room, free WiFi, and they have a small restaurant on the first floor. It's nothing super fancy but it met my needs and I would definitely stay again I was gonna be there for 2-3 weeks. the most convenient part for me is its proximity to ayala, as I use the fitness center there everyday. Their website is WWW.regalbusinessparkhotel.com

http://www.regalbusinessparkhotel.com/

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- added link
  • Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted
as I use the fitness center there everyday

God I hate these YOUNG ... FIT guys ...... :36_6_3[1]: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Man oh man! Was it ever nice to get up this morning and watch the sun come up on the Cebu waterfront! Oh how I love being here!

Oops! Just woke up for real.... still in Canada.... Grrrrrr! Not fair!!!

:SugarwareZ-034:

• Like 2

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

Man oh man! Was it ever nice to get up this morning and watch the sun come up on the Cebu waterfront! Oh how I love being here!

Well after being here off and on for about a year all together, i will be going back at end of may and looking forward to Canada for at least a couple weeks after that. The Philippines certainly has its pleasures but to me, being on a Canadian lake with a walleye on the line is heaven. Its hard to beat summer in northern climes for peace and relaxation in beautiful settings. Its too bad summer is such a short 3 months there. I have just briefly hinted at going back to my gf, and she said in stern, no nonsense terms, that no, I am not going back. Kinda scary especially if you knew her.

I just don't think I can take the Philippines full time. Most who come here feel the same way I believe. Just a small percentage stick it out and become permanent residents in Philippines. I have alot of respect for those that have. They have overcome alot of stress and discomfort to stick it out. Three or 4 months a year in Philippines and the rest somewhere else sounds about right to me. But to each his own.

Edited by jode
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well after being here off and on for about a year all together, i will be going back at end of may and looking forward to Canada for at least a couple weeks after that. The Philippines certainly has its pleasures but to me being on a Canadian lake with a walleye on the line is heaven. Its hard to beat summer in northern climes for peace and relaxation in beautiful settings. Its too bad summer is such a short 3 months there. I have just briefly hinted at going back to my gf and she said in stern, no nonsense terms, that no, I am not going back. Kinda scary especially if you knew her.

I just don't think I can take the philippines full time. Most who come here feel the same way I believe. Just a small percentage stick it out and become permanent residents in Philippines. I have alot of respect for those that have. They have overcome alot of stress and discomfort to stick it out. Three or 4 months a year in Philippines and the rest somewhere else sounds about right to me. But to each his own.

Ah Jode! Look at it this way... You had a great time while you were there! I know many people who used to go somewhere every year for vacation... They all said that they could never live there full time but you know what? Over half of them have now moved to a full time residence and just come back for vacations here in Canada! Who knows? If you get in the vacation cycle with the Philippines, maybe someday you might want to give it another try full time... And maybe you will meet a nice young ever thought of being with anyone else? Or maybe not... But the fact that you tried something new at least once makes you a better man than those who just sit back and never try at all!

Good luck on your return here to the Great White Nord! What area are you going to? Might have to get you and OUC and anyone elses within spittin" distance together sometime for a cold one.... Pepsi anyone? :mocking:

Edited by i am bob

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I went back to the Uk earlier this year to sort out some stuff which could not be done from here. I will not be going back there, unless i have to,as it is not the same now as it was when I left last September.

Unfortunately I have grown a dislike for the land of my birth or at least the way it is now.

• Like 3