Made It!

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

Man oh man! Was it ever nice to get up this morning and watch the sun come up on the Cebu waterfront! Oh how I love being here!

Oops! Just woke up for real.... still in Canada.... Grrrrrr! Not fair!!!

:SugarwareZ-034:

Well after being here off and on for about a year all together, i will be going back at end of may and looking forward to Canada for at least a couple weeks after that. The Philippines certainly has its pleasures but to me being on a Canadian lake with a walleye on the line is heaven. Its hard to beat summer in northern climes for peace and relaxation in beautiful settings. Its too bad summer is such a short 3 months there. I have just briefly hinted at going back to my gf and she said in stern, no nonsense terms, that no, I am not going back. Kinda scary especially if you knew her.

I just don't think I can take the philippines full time. Most who come here feel the same way I believe. Just a small percentage stick it out and become permanent residents in Philippines. I have alot of respect for those that have. They have overcome alot of stress and discomfort to stick it out. Three or 4 months a year in Philippines and the rest somewhere else sounds about right to me. But to each his own.

Ah Jode! Look at it this way... You had a great time while you were there! I know many people who used to go somewhere every year for vacation... They all said that they could never live there full time but you know what? Over half of them have now moved to a full time residence and just come back for vacations here in Canada! Who knows? If you get in the vacation cycle with the Philippines, maybe someday you might want to give it another try full time... And maybe you will meet a nice young ever thought of being with anyone else? Or maybe not... But the fact that you tried something new at least once makes you a better man than those who just sit back and never try at all!

Good luck on your return here to the Great White Nord! What area are you going to? Might have to get you and OUC and anyone elses within spittin" distance together sometime for a cold one.... Pepsi anyone? :mocking:

The beers together sound great. In Canada i go to NW Ontario for fishing trips. My idea of heaven would be to explore all lakes in Canada from a 16 ft fishing boat. With 250,000 lakes in Ontario alone that would take an eternity to do. My parents grew up in Saskatchawan hey. I have a comfortable condo in Wisconsin that seems nicer to me the longer I am in Philippines. But after being back there a few months I am sure I will have an itch that needs to be scratched again and come back to Philippines.

I think of someone else almost every day, especially after reading the several texts i get on my phone daily inquiring wether i am free that day to meet them. Be careful who you give your cell phone number to. They will pass it around and answering as many as a hundred texts a day gets old quick. My gf is great to me and I hate to hurt her after the complete loyalty she has shown me. I have applied for a K-1 fiancee visa for her and hope that isn't a mistake. The situations are reversed when she comes to U.S.A and she will be the one with many sexy and younger than me after her.

The longest i have been here at one stretch was 8 months and I keep it able to pack my suitcase and leave at any time kinda life and that works well for me. Who needs to be burdened down with alot of "stuff" again in life? Have alot of new places i want to check out but the clock is ticking on my physical ability to do all I want to do. I realized when I turned 60 that there is no more "someday" to do things anymore that it is now or never. The Philippines are alot easier for younger and healthier guys. For those aging and with decining mobility,. Close to good healthcare and better set up for old people is the place to be.

Wish I had discovered Philippines 20 years earlier but I had a special needs daughter to care for. Now she is with her mother steady for first time in 25 yrs and things seem to be going well. I have the freedom but less physical ability to enjoy it. Then again lose some weight and increase my excersise routine and maybe I would be good for a few more years. The Philippines are a great place to lose weight, not so much temptation on that front.

Edited by jode
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

In a way, you and I are a lot alike.... My special needs daughter wasn't living with me but I had to stay here working to pay for her and my sons - not that I regret it! And I know what you mean about the weight.. When I was around 42, I dropped 50 lbs and shaved my folically challenged head - instantly looked a good 10 years younger and had women in their 20s and 30s chasing after me... Go forward another 5 years and the old ticker gave out - and instantly gained back the 50 pounds... I look like I aged 20 years! Funny what a few too many pounds can do for you! JOCS - 30 of the lbs I put back on were muscle from working out the heart after the big Owie... Hehe! Right now I'm trying to just drop down as low as I reasonably can before i head over!

Hmm... Sounds like you are probably going up the other side of the Great Lakes from me.... I"m on the western tip of Lake Ontario and can see Toronto around the bend... If you ever do get this way, give me a shout and we'll see if there's anyone else still in the area at that time... Of course I myself am hoping to be in Cebu by October....

In the meantime, I hope everything works out for you! A change of scenery may be just what the doctor ordered to get that spark back to the way it was before!

• Like 1

OBA
Posted
Posted

My last trip to Cebu I stayed in Regal Park Hotel and was pleased with my stay. It's conveniently located directly across the road from Ayala Mall, breakfast is included in the price of the room, free WiFi, and they have a small restaurant on the first floor. It's nothing super fancy but it met my needs and I would definitely stay again I was gonna be there for 2-3 weeks. the most convenient part for me is its proximity to ayala, as I use the fitness center there everyday. Their website is WWW.regalbusinessparkhotel.com

Thanks for your words, very helpful....

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
When I was around 42, I dropped 50 lbs and shaved my folically challenged head - instantly looked a good 10 years younger and had women in their 20s and 30s chasing after me...

I had thought you was a former police officer from NYC. who had retired and moved to canada .post-1293-0-45424700-1334737643_thumb.jp

who always had women attracted to him

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
When I was around 42, I dropped 50 lbs and shaved my folically challenged head - instantly looked a good 10 years younger and had women in their 20s and 30s chasing after me...

I had thought you was a former police officer from NYC. who had retired and moved to canada .post-1293-0-45424700-1334737643_thumb.jp

who always had women attracted to him

Ah, Lt Theo Kojack.....Now that is a blast from the past.
  • Like 1

OBA
Posted
Posted

check out the site agoda.com they might have good info.

also in a previous topic there was info about a pension house, does anyone have that topic post?

good luck on your travels.

dont be shy 1%20(235).gif to ask others here on the Forum,

many of us are very willing to help or assist. :11_12_14[1]:

Greetings! All is well. The accomadation site you recommended has been very helpful, thanks again. I have business in fairview and will be there for awhile. It appears that i will be there for the first year then move south to bohol. extended visa yesterday, interesting process, smiling...hit ya back later, thanks again, you have been a great help my friend!

• Like 2

KanoJoe
Posted
Posted

I went back to the Uk earlier this year to sort out some stuff which could not be done from here. I will not be going back there, unless i have to,as it is not the same now as it was when I left last September.

Unfortunately I have grown a dislike for the land of my birth or at least the way it is now.

"You can never go home again" - Thomas Wolfe

I remember returning to my home town after being away for a number of years. I could not believe what a sh&t-hole it was and wondered why I had waited so long in life the leave the place.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
extended visa yesterday, interesting process,

would share with the forum(us) how the process went for you?

:thumbsup: ? :thumbs-up-smile: ?

or was it :SugarwareZ-034: ?

Edited by Call me Bubba