Alternative Retirement Locations

Curley
Posted
Posted

I would be very wary of investing in property in Argentina, a few years ago the government seized a huge amount of private property and with the recent seizure of YPF .............

Campero
Posted
Posted

Yeah, thats a chance I am willing to take. At least the property can be in my name in Argentina and I won't have to pay revolutionary tax.....etc etc..........

I have not ruled out the Philippines at all, I am just looking around. I am not really ready to retire yet, just sniffing around. Maybe I will go back to the USA in the end, not really sure yet.

I see you are in Tenerife, nice place.

Having lived most of my childhood and young adult life in Spain, (and still owning a number of properties and I have 3 adult children there) I can testify to the beauty and wonderful hospitality of the people there. The only thing that ever upset me was foreigners TALKING VERY LOUD in whatever their native language is, in hopes that the locals would understand them better.

You cannot draw any parallels between YPF and private residencial property IMHO.

Even in any one of our homelands, the government can take our properties and pay us a miserable compensation. Fact!

Thanks for the input man.

Regards,

Campero

i am bob
Posted
Posted
The only thing that ever upset me was foreigners TALKING VERY LOUD in whatever their native language is, in hopes that the locals would understand them better.

I laughed so hard when I read this!!! Why? My hometown is actually Niagara Falls - the Canadian side! I love it when that special brand of American tourist (usually the ones around 60 to 70 years old) who will cross the river and talk real loud as they stare us in the eye from 6 inches away as they wonder if we can understand them! So funny to see!!! Of course, all the wonderful people living in Florida get to say the same about the Canadian snowbirds, n'est pas?

:mocking: