Immigrating To Canada

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Your right Dave I talked to a immigration agent and he was very candid with me . things he looks for are age difference over 20 years " red flag " knowing each other for a short period in person" red flag " I found this one interesting he looked at who filled out the application if it was a service or lawyer it caught his eye He hinted a application filled in by the citizen was much better .

He also said It can go very smooth if you have the right stuff IE: long term relationship (spend extended time with her in her home country.

​Proof of supporting her while you are home (Money Transfers ,house lease ,bills )

Pictures of you together , Family pictures , Stuff that makes you look part of the family. He suggested pics of building a shed together (not sure why but )

I was lead to believe it was basically the agent whos desk your file ends up on its his job to find a problem with your application. (investigate or refuse )

If everything looks good its done . Now for a red flag they drag there heels it can take up to 2 years for Canadian immigration to make a call at which point you can complain

The agent I talked to really did seem concerned and did not want to see old guys getting took for there life saving (his words)

Canadian Immigration is over loaded right now to bring family over 55 month wait . there doing 2007 applications now . 89 days for a wife

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)
Canadian Immigration is over loaded right now to bring family over 55 month wait . there doing 2007 applications now . 89 days for a wife

Yup! They aren't accepting any more Family Class apps at all right now - in other words parents, brothers, sisters, etc. These are usually handled by the junior staff learning their way around. Usually more experienced agents handle couples as they know more of what to look for. What ever you do - if you do this in country, don't do it in Toronto! Walk, run, drive over the bodies in your way but get out of Toronto to file. Why? Without mentioning any nationality that wears a turban, many of them don't want to accept anyone not of their nationality. My sister-in-law worked with them for a 6 month term and couldn't wait to get out of that office!

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Yup! They aren't accepting any more Family Class apps at all right now - in other words parents, brothers, sisters, etc. These are usually handled by the junior staff learning their way around. Usually more experienced agents handle couples as they know more of what to look for. What ever you do - if you do this in country, don't do it in Toronto! Walk, run, drive over the bodies in your way but get out of Toronto to file. Why? Without mentioning any nationality that wears a turban, many of them don't want to accept anyone not of their nationality. My sister-in-law worked with them for a 6 month term and couldn't wait to get out of that office!

One advantage I guess I have is that we would be moving to Saskatchewan, most likely, or Alberta as a plan B. I guess immigration favors immigrants willing to spread out across Canada. I guess this question is kind of relevant then: Should I apply in June, as I plan, but from overseas, or wait and apply in August, but from Canada?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One advantage I guess I have is that we would be moving to Saskatchewan, most likely, or Alberta as a plan B. I guess immigration favors immigrants willing to spread out across Canada. I guess this question is kind of relevant then: Should I apply in June, as I plan, but from overseas, or wait and apply in August, but from Canada?

Ouch! The two newly expensive places in Canada! Hope you aren't gonna be near the big cities... hehe! I myself would apply in Canada if the wife is coming with me on a visitor's visa - or what ever method is the fastest to get us back together again. Which ever you decide, you should download all the forms and the instruction book now and start getting the paperwork filled out. This way you can be sure to have all the paperwork and forms plus any backing information required. I'm thinking of things like school reports, letters from local priest or minister / baranguay captain extolling the virtue of your Mrs, copies of any letters of recommendation or awards, you know - the usual "You am such a good person" awards and papers.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Ouch! The two newly expensive places in Canada! Hope you aren't gonna be near the big cities... hehe! I myself would apply in Canada if the wife is coming with me on a visitor's visa - or what ever method is the fastest to get us back together again. Which ever you decide, you should download all the forms and the instruction book now and start getting the paperwork filled out. This way you can be sure to have all the paperwork and forms plus any backing information required. I'm thinking of things like school reports, letters from local priest or minister / baranguay captain extolling the virtue of your Mrs, copies of any letters of recommendation or awards, you know - the usual "You am such a good person" awards and papers.

We'll avoid the big cities, I hope. I'm still young enough to crash at my parents' basement or with my friend down the street for cheap to save money until everyone's ready to come over (in Regina). Other than that, try to hit up the smaller cities and towns at first.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

We'll avoid the big cities, I hope. I'm still young enough to crash at my parents' basement or with my friend down the street for cheap to save money until everyone's ready to come over (in Regina). Other than that, try to hit up the smaller cities and towns at first.

What? Don't want to live by the Big Muddy? Hey Sundance!