Computer Components To Bring

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Please tell us more about the UPS units (model and price range) sold there. Also, do they have converter-regulator similar to the type 5 listed in one of my links. Or do you think it may not be necessary?

Yes, what about the UPS? If I buy a UPS in the US it will be 110, so I assume I should buy a UPS after I arrive.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OK here is what I am looking at as far as a UPS goes ...... and yes you are right in the US the UPS's are all 110v ...... you would need to run off a transformer here ..... depending on your need (won't need a UPS for your laptop or anything that runs off batteries) ...... will depend on the size to get and also do you just want to shut down your rig right after the brown out or do you need to keep working for awhile ...... me I only need about 3-5 mins. to get my computer shut down to keep from losing data ......

APC is one of the worlds largest UPS manufactures and they have a repair center here in Cebu with excellent service from personal experience ..... I bought my UPS over four years ago and after 18 months it failed so I emailed the address on-line for they tech support and received a reply the next day telling me to mail it to Singapore as I didn't tell they where I was located ... I sent an email right back telling them because of the weight it would cost a fortune and where I was located .... with in the hour I got another email back from tech support telling me to call a number in Cebu ..... I called and the guy that answered asked me if they could bring me a replacement the next day before noon ..... I laughed to my self and said sure ..... expecting it to be 2-3 days or a week ...... at 10:30am the next morning he was at the door with another unit ..... installed it and was on his way ...... I am sold on APC .......

Anyway here is what I'm looking at ....... http://www.apc.com/r...se_sku=BK650-AS ........ price 5200p at PC Quick Buys in SM ...... they have a price list on their website which might give you some idea about what computer items cost ...... I highly recommend them ...... http://pcquickbuys.com/ .........

This months price list

flier-042512.pdf

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Once again, thank you Mike S for your feedback. That little ole thing APC BACK-UPS CS 650VA 230V

weighs close to a 16 pound bowling ball. I agree with you about the reliability of APC. We use them

extensively on nearly 5000 slot machines. In most cases, you only have a few minutes to properly shut

down your computer. Also, thank you for the link to your local computer store. I need to check that

out whenever I get over there.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OK ... just an update .... went to SM Cyber Zone to purchase the UPS ..... get to PC Quick Buys and asked even bought a picture ..... "out of stock sir" ...... "so when will you get one in" ...... "don't know sir will check with the warehouse" .... "OK great when" ..... "sometime this after noon" ...... "can't you do it now" ...... "no sir just leave your name and number and we will call you" .....yea right and I saw a flying pig on the way to SM too ...... so I went to the parent companies store right around the corner called Thinking Tools ...... yup they had 2 in stock ..... only one problem it was 500p more than the one in PC Quick Buys ...... both owned by the same corporation ..... but it would cost me a taxi ride both ways to come back so that cut it to 250p more ... and I could live with that ...... anyway the replacement batteries for these is 850p and you get a one year in-store warranty and an additional 1 year from APC ....... so it is up and running as we speak .... the unit is a lot smaller than I expected and smaller even than the 500 I have ..... now to find a use for the old one ..... don't need it for my printer ..... but the asawa already suggested she take it to the pamily next year ..... I guess that will work as they have my old computer and it worked on it ..... just have to keep it charged every so often .....

Maybe buy a light and plug it in to it in case the power goes out .... could also charge a cell phone too ..... ahhhhhhh ..... the opportunities are endless ... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1