Acr-1 Card

Fatcat
Posted
Posted

How does one get an ACR-1 card? The BI, amazingly, doesn't have this information posted at their site!

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

How does one get an ACR-1 card? The BI, amazingly, doesn't have this information posted at their site!

Try this link: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=115&Itemid=61

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Fatcat
Posted
Posted

Try this link: http://immigration.g...d=115&Itemid=61

I looked at that page before my post. It deals with getting a renewal of an ACR-1 card; part of the renewal process is to submit one's old ACR-1 card. Maybe I should have asked, "How does one get an ACR-1 card for the first time."

Jake
Posted
Posted

I looked at that page before my post. It deals with getting a renewal of an ACR-1 card; part of the renewal process is to submit one's old ACR-1 card. Maybe I should have asked, "How does one get an ACR-1 card for the first time."

Apologize Fatcat........perhaps you could PM Ancienroka for his services. His banner is displayed on

this forum entitled "CEBU EXPAT SERVICES". In the meantime, I will continue my research.....

Respectfully -- Jake

Fatcat
Posted
Posted

Apologize Fatcat........perhaps you could PM Ancienroka for his services. His banner is displayed on

this forum entitled "CEBU EXPAT SERVICES". In the meantime, I will continue my research.....

Respectfully -- Jake

I was hoping that someone who actually got an ACR-1 card for the first time would reply. It seems to be important in order to open a bank account which is really my primary concern. Perhaps the renewal process is the same as the first time process, but the BI neglects to tell us that at their site. Anyway thank you for your efforts to clarify the situation.

andre007
Posted
Posted

This was taken from another forum:

My friend wanted ACR to open bank account. It is only given at the time of 2nd visa extension. Takes about 2 weeks to process.

My ACR expired during middle of extension. Would not give me card early(or would not charge me if ACR not at expiration date). Only at time of next extension(ACR already expired 1 month). It took 2 weeks to get after extension completed. This happen Jan 2012.

This is tourist ACR card I am talking about & only what happened in my case(or my friend who I was with).

I Will add it is taken now over 3 months to get the card for some reason. Everybody is blaming it on Manila. I recently found a website dealing with the problems for their members here in the Philippines. They actually checked the staus of mine and it is still not available. I am wondering how they can charge you money for a card you are required by law to carry and then not produce the card.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

when you come up for your extension after 59 days go to immigration they will give information and forms to do this, i did not need an acr-1 card to get a banking account

i think the cost is around 7,500 or about that for the card , took me one month at the time in Davao city

• Like 1

Fatcat
Posted
Posted

when you come up for your extension after 59 days go to immigration they will give information and forms to do this, i did not need an acr-1 card to get a banking account

i think the cost is around 7,500 or about that for the card , took me one month at the time in Davao city

Okay, got it! The ACR-1 card is mandatory on the second extension after 59 days and it's included in the BI processing. Thanks a lot.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

It is I for immigration. Not a number 1.

And it will cost you USD $50 plus P500 express lane fee when you arrange the extension from 59 days to 4 months. By the way, extensions can be arranged up to a month in advance so no need to wait.

Regards: Jim

• Like 3

Fatcat
Posted
Posted

It is I for immigration. Not a number 1.

And it will cost you USD $50 plus P500 express lane fee when you arrange the extension from 59 days to 4 months. By the way, extensions can be arranged up to a month in advance so no need to wait.

Regards: Jim

Thanks for filling in these important details.