Acr-1 Card

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

It is I for immigration. Not a number 1.

And it will cost you USD $50 plus P500 express lane fee when you arrange the extension from 59 days to 4 months. By the way, extensions can be arranged up to a month in advance so no need to wait.

Regards: Jim

Thanks for filling in these important details.

Ah, you didn't already know that.

Maybe I should also tell you that the extension from 59 days to 4 months will also cost an additional P4,830.

So, expect about P7500 all up.

Plus and agent, if you don't want to do it yourself. For a reliable and value for money agent, click on the Cebu Expat Services Banner at the top of the page.

Regards: Jim

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

From my experience, some banks require an ACR but many do not. Smaller banks seem not to care. SOME of the big banks will or wont open an account for you. I think it really depends on the mood and mindset of the branch manager. I opened an account at RCBC once, and the manager told me just to put "on process." I asked him how long that status would last and he said "until you die." LOL.

• Like 3

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Is this what they also call an "I Card"? I have one to pick up at the Immigration Office when I get round to it

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

From my experience, some banks require an ACR but many do not. Smaller banks seem not to care. SOME of the big banks will or wont open an account for you. I think it really depends on the mood and mindset of the branch manager. I opened an account at RCBC once, and the manager told me just to put "on process." I asked him how long that status would last and he said "until you die." LOL.

This is one of the main functions of the ACR-I card - to allow you to open a bank account... In reality, many banks will do so without having the card. Of course, we only recommend people to proceed with the legal methods only.

Is this what they also call an "I Card"? I have one to pick up at the Immigration Office when I get round to it

Hey Fred! Or is it Mimi? Both of you? hehe! This is what they call the "I Card". For anyone wanting more information on the ACR-I card, you can look here:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=61

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For those of you who would like all the info on the ACR-I card (the one I like to call the "Aliens 'R Us" card :mocking: ), read on and please note the links are included to the Bureau of Immigration site - where I found all this great info.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=61

ALIEN CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION

THE ACR I-CARD PROJECT

The ACR I-Card Project automates the entire process of alien registration and integrates the issuance of various paper-based alien documentations into a microchip-based identification card called the ACR I-Card.

THE ACR I-CARD

The ACR I-Card is a microchip-based credit card-sized identification card issued to registered alien replacing the paper-based ACR. It has an embedded computer chip with biometric security features capable of data management and can be updated electronically. It is fraud and tamper-proof/resistant with the following data:

1. Personal information such as name, age, date of birth, place of birth, etc.
  2. Photograph
  3. Date and status of admission
  4. Visa type granted/date granted/date issued/
    expiry date
  5. Biometric information (2 digitalized fingerprint templates)
  6. Signature
  7. ACR and ICR/NBCR/CRTV/CRTT/CRTS and CRPE numbers
  8. Travel details
  9. Payment of immigration fees details

The ACR I-Card likewise serves as the Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC), Re-entry Permit (RP) and Special Return Certificate (SRC) of the holder upon payment of the required fees.

Hereunder is the complete reproduction of the ACR I-Card showing its front and back:

acr-front.jpgacr-back.jpg

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=61

ADVANTAGES AND CONVENIENCE OF ACR I-CARD

ADVANTAGES AND CONVENIENCE OF ACR I-CARD

To the ACR I-Card Holders:

1. They are provided faster processing time at the ports of entry and exit with a maximum of 10 seconds for the verification process.
  2. They are assured that they are holding a genuinely issued ACR.
  3. They receive faster and more efficient service at the BI offices for immigration requirements.
  4. They are provided incomparable convenience as they are holding only one immigration document. No more paper-based ACR and ICR/NBCR/CRTV/CRTT/CRTS/CRPE, ECC, SRC and RP.
  5. Quick verification of information.
  6. Eliminates illegal and unwarranted detention of alien residents. The implementation of the ACR I-Card Project will prevent and eliminate instances where aliens are indiscriminately accosted, harassed and detained on mere suspicion of possessing fake or fraudulent immigration documents.
  7. It decreases the cost of transacting business with the Bureau of Immigration as the ACR I-Card Project will eliminate fixers, illegal middlemen and syndicates issuing falsified documents.

To The Bureau of Immigration:

1. Automates process of alien registration.
  2. Eliminates fraud in all aspects of alien registration as well as in the immigration entry/exit points in the country.
  3. Reduces the resources needed for manual passport checks and encoding of pertinent data while drastically improving immigration process time.
  4. Achieves higher revenues for the Bureau and the national government through increase in number of aliens who will register and improved efficiency in collection of fees.
  5. Enhances security of national borders against entry or exit of terrorists and transnational criminals; eliminates human smuggling activities.
  6. Increases efficiency of services to the resident aliens.
  7. Improves internal governance by eliminating fixers and illegal personnel issuing falsified documents.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=114&Itemid=61

COVERAGE OF THE ACR I-CARD

All registered aliens, including their dependents, who have been duly issued paper-based ACRs are required to replace their ACRs with the hi-tech microchip-based ACR I-Card.

All aliens who have been duly issued immigrant or non-immigrant visa and all other aliens who are required to register under the Alien Registration Act are required to register and apply for the ACR I-Card. They are the following:

1. Native-Born
  2. Permanent residents under:

• a. Section 13 and its sub-sections
      • b. Republic Act Nos. 7919 and 8274 (Alien Social Integration Act of 1995)
      • c. Executive Order No. 324 (series of 1988)
      • d. Note Verbale No. 903730 dated Sept. 17, 1990 between Philippines and India
    1. [*]Temporary residents under:

• a. BI Law Instruction No. 33 (Series of 1988)
        • b. BI Law Instruction No.13 (Series of 1988)
        • c. BI Law Instruction No. 48 (Series of 1988)
        • d. BI Memo Order No. ADD-01-038 (series of 2001)
        • e. BI Memo Order No. ADD-02-015 (series of 2002)

[*]Temporary visitor under Section 9(a), PIA –one who is coming for business or pleasure or for reasons of health if his stay exceeds six (6) months

[*]Treaty trader under Section 9(d), PIA

[*]Temporary student under Section 9(f), PIA

[*]Pre-arranged employee under Section 9(g), PIA

[*]Such other aliens as may be required by law to register

[*]For those who are required to register but exempted from immigration fees, they may opt to avail of the ACR I-Card subject to payment of the card fee.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=115&Itemid=61

PLACE OF APPLICATION/SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT

Applications for issuance of ACR I-Card shall be made at the Main Office, Bureau of Immigration, Intramuros, Manila.

For those residing outside Metro Manila, applications may be made at the following district offices:

1. San Fernando, La Union
      2. Aparri, Cagayan
      3. Subic
      4. Batangas
      5. Legaspi
      6. Iloilo
      7. Cebu
      8. Tacloban
      9. Zamboanga
      10. Cagayan De Oro
      11. Surigao, and
      12. Davao

If circumstances warrant and upon request of special arrangement, applications and data capturing may be made at the residence of the visa holder in view of his/her physical incapacity.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=111&Itemid=53

ACR I-CARD

REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES FOR ACR I-CARD RENEWAL OR RE-ISSUANCE

1. For Paper_Based ACR Holder

• a.
    Duly accomplished renewal/reissuance application form;

• b.
    Original ACR;

• c.
    Photocopy of the Immigrant Certificate of Residence (ICR) / Native-Born Certificate of Residence (NBCR) / Certificate of Residence for Temporary Visitor (CRTV) / Certificate of Residence for Pre-Arranged Employment (CRPE) / Certificate of Residence for Temporary Student;

• d.
    Photocopy of Passport (biodata page, visa implementation page and visa page with latest arrival stamp); and

• e.
    Photocopy of Official Receipt showing payment of the applicable fees.

2. For Newly Approved Visa

• a.
    Duly accomplished application form;

• b.
    Photocopy of the Board of Commissioner's (BOC) Order;

• c.
    Photocopy of Passport (biodata page, visa implementation page and visa page with latest arrival stamp); and

• d.

3. For Student Visa

• a.

• b.
    Photocopy of the Commissioner's Order of approval;

• c.

• d.

4. For Native-Born Registrants

• a.

• b.
    National Statistics Office (NSO) Certified Birth Certificate;

• c.
    Photocopy of ACR and ICR of the parents;

• d.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not to confuse people .... the picture of the I-Card in Bob excellent post is that of a Permanent Resident and say so on the card ..... which requires a 13a visa (or maybe another type of special visa) ..... on a visitors visa you will get a different classification ..... I don't remember exactly what it is entitled ..... maybe someone can help . :thumbsup: ..... :cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I understood that they look the same but just have different classes written on them.

I"ll check this out and see if I can find anything on it.

:89:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Not to confuse people .... the picture of the I-Card in Bob excellent post is that of a Permanent Resident and say so on the card ..... which requires a 13a visa (or maybe another type of special visa) ..... on a visitors visa you will get a different classification ..... I don't remember exactly what it is entitled ..... maybe someone can help . :thumbsup: ..... :cheersty:

I understood that they look the same but just have different classes written on them.

I"ll check this out and see if I can find anything on it.

:89:

OK, so I checked it out and YES! It is the same card with just different information input on the front so that it will correspond with the fact that someone is there as a visitor. Remember - the first card is only valid for one year max.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I don't remember exactly what it is entitled

TOURIST

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Good luck getting your card for those that really want one. Mine was paid for October 10, 2012 and is not ready as of the list they put out "updated" December 25, 2012. You think they really updated the list on Christmas Day?

:no: :1 (103):