What's The Procedure?

michael3
Posted
Posted

I will be travelling to Thailand and back in one day, in the next week or so and have a few questions.

I have an ACR 1 tourist card, do I need to get an exit permit even though my last extension I paid for was only for single entry?

As I already have the ACR 1, do I need to show a return ticket out of Phili, or can I just by a Bangkok return?

Many thanks as always guys.

andre007
Posted
Posted

An exit permit is only needed after being here a continuous 5 months.

I am totally confused on the 2nd part of your question but let me take a stab at it or give you a general answer.

1.If you are coming to the Philippines (legally) you are supposed to have a return or onward ticket out of the Phils.

2. If you are talking about Thailand law if you need a return then I have no idea.

michael3
Posted
Posted

Sorry to be clearer, I knew the law here wanted me to show an onward ticket, I just wondered if that still applied when I have an ACR 1 card.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sorry to be clearer, I knew the law here wanted me to show an onward ticket, I just wondered if that still applied when I have an ACR 1 card.

Sorry if I appear Blunt but you really are not helping here by being somewhat evasive of your Status, Are you a Tourist, a Temporary Resident on a 13a Or a Non Quota Resident on a 13a married to a Filipina you mention an extension which you would have not needed if you hold a 13a to obtain an answer you will need to be a little more Transparent michael

michael3
Posted
Posted

In my original post i said that i have an ACR 1 tourist card, so assumed that would of been clear enough.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Once you leave the Philippines your tourist arc-1 card is no longer valid. Every time you leave and come back you start the process all over again from day one. New card will be needed, onward ticket needed. etc. etc. It basically as if you had never even been in the Philippines before.

I hope this might make it more clear

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

To me its simple as the OP is a tourist, he needed an onward ticket when he entered the Philippines the first time and nothing changes as he is still a tourist and a tourist must show they are moving on at some stage.

• Like 1

michael3
Posted
Posted

Once you leave the Philippines your tourist arc-1 card is no longer valid. Every time you leave and come back you start the process all over again from day one. New card will be needed, onward ticket needed. etc. etc. It basically as if you had never even been in the Philippines before.

Perfect, just what I needed to know. Thanks mate

andre007
Posted
Posted

I really hate to continue on with this but with all respect to you and others I do not like wrong information to be out there..Fact is your ACR-I card is valid for 1 year even if you leave the Philippines and come back. Therefore if you leave after 6 months and come back 1 month later you are correct everything starts over except when you renew at 60 days you will not have to purchase another ACR-! card as the one you have is still valid.

Interesting I think this subject comes up about 2x a week on the forum and I wonder if somehow there can be a sticky with all verifiable and up to date information.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Interesting I think this subject comes up about 2x a week on the forum and I wonder if somehow there can be a sticky with all verifiable and up to date information.

While everything you say is true, there are exceptions made every day at different BI offices around the country. So it is hard for people to know what is right when there is no consistency. I have had a tourist ACR card last me 2 years, including a trip out of the country and back. Was it the correct way to do things? No. Every once in a while a BI official would tell me I need to renew that one day. I would say: Yeah, next time.

So because you are right, it does not mean others are wrong and it does mean the answer to the question will change from time to time and from office to office, kind of like: Do you need to wear long pants when renewing your visa? Yes but same answer as I just gave, as in your mileage may vary.

• Like 1