Interesting

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I never thought of this until several days ago when I contacted my bank about making a bank to bank transfer ... local to local with in the Philippines ..... I have the persons bank account number and wanted to add funds to his account from my account ..... and was told I would have to go to my bank and pay 200p per-transaction and the bank would do it .......

Now in the US I transfer money each month form one of my banks (different banks not branches) to another every month ..... in fact it is set up automatically to do so at the end of each month ..... no charge ......... and all done on line ......... but I can't do that here ..... yea I know I ain't in Kansas any more Toto ....

Can you do that with your bank here in the Phils ...... if so what bank .....

billten
Posted
Posted

What is your bank? I have done this several times with Metrobank and not had any charge so far.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I have the persons bank account number and wanted to add funds to his account from my account

I have done it often, on line, through the bancnet site.

You need you sending ATM card number and passcode and the receiving ATM card number and pass code. As long as both banks are on bancnet it works fine, no charge that I remember, and you do it from your easy chair

Here is their link

http://www.bancnetonline.com/BancnetWeb/goToMainPage.do

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I guess I need to be more specific ...... my landlord now wants everyone to deposit their rent check and electric check (separate checks one on the first and second one 10 days later) in to his bank account ... he has given everyone his bank account number to do this ...... my bank is Bank of Commerce his is MetroBank ...... we are both listed on Bancnet but as I don't have his ATM card number and pass code (sure he won't give it to me) I'm wondering if there is any other way to do this .....

Any other ideas ......

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

is there NO Direct debit here in the PI?? Sorry just a question

Bundy
Posted
Posted

I guess I need to be more specific ...... my landlord now wants everyone to deposit their rent check and electric check (separate checks one on the first and second one 10 days later) in to his bank account ... he has given everyone his bank account number to do this ...... my bank is Bank of Commerce his is MetroBank ...... we are both listed on Bancnet but as I don't have his ATM card number and pass code (sure he won't give it to me) I'm wondering if there is any other way to do this .....

Any other ideas ......

Amazing,although i guess we should have known that online banking in the Philippines is NOT for online banking! :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: I just checked with BPI and also BDO and yes you can do what you want to do but ONLY to another account at the same bank, so using that logic either you need to open an online account at Metrobank or your landlord needs to open an account at Bank of Commerce. I'm used to online banking in Australia and i suppose it's just the same in US. You can set up a once off or recurring payment to ANY account under the "pay anyone" system but obviously this is beyond the capabilities of Philippine banks.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Bundy .......yes banking here is a bit strange ..... when I first opened my account they didn't even have on line banking ...... so when they did it was a huge advancement for me here ..... at least now I can move money around in my accounts and check the status of them 24/7 ...... they do have some bill paying but very limited .... but then I only have three bills to pay each month so it is not to bad ...... unlike in the US where I had tons of them to pay ...... in many ways life is simpler here for me compared to living in the US ...... I may not have as many material things here but as I said before I don't really need them ..... I have what I need and that's all that matters ..... IMHO

Jack .... to be perfectly honest .... I don't really know .....

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
his is MetroBank

I make regular deposits to VMobile's account at MetroBank in Manila. I deposit the cash at any branch of Metrobank and they charge me 50 pesos for an interbranch deposit. I have no account at MetroBank but that does not matter. I deposit cash. I take a number and wait. I pay the 50 pesos. Its all theyy care about but there is no short cut.

On the other hand, why not open an account at MetroBank where the only thing you will deposit is your landlord's money. Give him the ATM card. You have the number and the pin code so you can do as I suggested and he can transfer the money himself or just take it in cash from that account. (Not trying to be smart, just looking for ways that may help you)

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Face it Mike....

You have to move!

:mocking:

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some good suggestions Dave ..... gonna see if I open an account in Metrobank I can just transfer the money each month to his account using his account number as it would be account to account in the same bank and then I can transfer money from my BOC account to the Metrobank using the Banknet as I would then have both ATM cards .......... I don't really want to give him an ATM card as I would have to keep a minimum balance in the account at all times ......

I will also have to keep track of another bank account to make sure I don't go over the $9,999 dollar combined monthly amount that the IRS says you have to report in any calendar year ..... so far I have kept it under that amount .... but it has been close a few times ..... especially with the fact they hold your money for 25+ days ..... even if you can't use it they still list the total amount in your account ..... so sometimes I've had to post date my check from my US bank and withdraw some funds say like today and date the check for tomorrow .... other wise they will deposit the amount of your check today and if you are cutting it close your in trouble ......

Be glad folks if you ain't from the US ...... they have some really stupid Federal banking and IRS regulations ....... and yea .... I know some people don't worry about it and just wait until they get caught ..... but I can assure you that there are spies everywhere ..... just like the IRS agent who recently bought a condo here in Cebu and is still working for the IRS ....... not saying anything ..... just food for thought ...... as was brought up in a topic ages ago ......YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO ..... :tiphat:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1