Barangay Captain Anyone Have Reason To.....

retired
Posted
Posted

Have never sought out a barangay Captain but some i know have with mixed results . Yes , i know it's the Philippines but for me a barangay Captain is an example of over population ( of politicans ) and this country has way to much of that . I mean i have seen barangays no bigger than neighbourhoods where i come from . Used to argue with my best friend who was American by birth but had spent his working life in Switzerland . He kept trying to tell me i needed barangay clearence to leave the country because he did . My wife actually tried one time to sit on council because she simply wanted to help in a barangay . She lost , because she wouldn't buy votes . From my perspective , enough said .

• Like 3

andre007
Posted
Posted

I have had the "Pleasure" of dealing with my barangy Captain when I filed a complaint against my landlord for ruining my shoes. To sum it up, it was a big joke on both occasions.

1st Meeting the Landlord did not show up

2nd meeting he showed up but he spoke in cebuano although he works at a call center. Nothing was solved.

3rd and final meeting we meet with all the board members I guess. I explained my side then he explained his side in Cebuano. I asked why am I there if the meeting is conducted in their language. The baranguy Captain kept taking information fro the owner in Cebuano then asking me questions as though I understood. I told them all if i would have known that I would have never come. It's unfair because I bring him here because that what I was advised to do. To make matters worse one of the board members keep asking me a question and I could not understand his English. Finally I had him write the word which was threat. He asked me sarcastically don't I know English? lol

If I had the chance to do it all again I would not..

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Well this is history 101 Word barangy derived from a word balangay means sail boat it is the smallest form of administrative body in PI. You will be given 3 times to appear in the hearing for mediation and if nothing happened the barangay captain will endorse your case to court.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have had the "Pleasure" of dealing with my barangy Captain when I filed a complaint against my landlord for ruining my shoes. To sum it up, it was a big joke on both occasions.

I've got to ask; what and how did the landlord ruin your shoes or why was it so important to go as far as the barangy captain?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well this is history 101 Word barangy derived from a word balangay means sail boat it is the smallest form of administrative body in PI. You will be given 3 times to appear in the hearing for mediation and if nothing happened the barangay captain will endorse your case to court.

:unsure: So the shoes should be kept as evidence I guess???
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For what I thought was going to be a quiet topic, I have learned a lot and had a few chuckles along the way! It's topics like this and the responses that make this such a great forum!

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree Bob .It is very interesting to read all the story's good and bad. Thank you all for sharing them with us.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Here is another topic that has or is dealing with the BARANGAY ISSUE

perhaps there is some old info that could be helpful for this topic

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bubba.

I think the key dealing with locals is always to be very polite modest and respectful. As an outsider we are at a disadvantage but that's not to say the system is closed to us.

• Like 2