Buying Engagment Ring In Manila?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I bought my ex a ring, it cost over 60,000p, Always scared to wear it,,,, She sold it for 2,000p

I would never spend that amout again, 5 or 10,000 is plenty.

Congrats.

Hey Brock, do you buy all your EX's a ring or just special ones. :hystery:

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

HMMM....i don't know what i felt like this buying an engagement rings since ill never been married and no plans at all.( I don't believe in marriage sorry for this... guys.. it just happened) But I remembered my father bought my mom their rings in chinatown nearby also in sta. cruz recto.. I was 16 that time and it looks great just be aware...

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

NO TOM I WILL NOT GET ENGAGED TO YOU :lol:

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

i would recommend Quiapo if i do recall there is a street there called GOLD STREET which caters to rings and everything gold just a word of warning though its kind of a scary place quiapo very very crowded but a great place for bargain hunting i would recommend you dont go there alone take your special someone with you or a friend dont get me wrong its as safe as anywhere in manila its just my personal opinion it kind of scares me there hahaha but i have no problems going around there with my lady !! HOPE THIS HELPS

Since your in makati just hop on the mrt to taft then hop on the lrt and ask at the station what stop is quiapo or just a easy to take a taxi not sure what it will cost but shouldnt be more then 200-300 pesos

O-U-C

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

A little off to the side but I want to ask as it makes a difference for all the answers I have seen on here...

I have been told that the Philippine style engagement / wedding ring is different than the Western World version... Is this true or are the rings the same?

Campero
Posted
Posted
I have been told that the Philippine style engagement / wedding ring is different than the Western World version... Is this true or are the rings the same?

Actually Bob, if you have seen one nose or nipple ring, you have seen them all.

Is this what you are referring to?

Regards,

Campero

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I'm still trying to decide if it will be that beneficial to buy the ring online or at Malaysia or Singapore etc on the way back to Aus and back again? I mean if I'm only going to be spending up to 20,000 pesos or say around $450 then how much will I save? If it only means I might save 10-20% or something then I'd much rather buy the ring for her before I go. I guess one of the main benefits from buying with Bluenile or something similar is that the gems will be certified and I wil get what I pay for. With jewellers in Manila I would have to be careful that I'm getting what I pay for and in such a rush with some of these places having a lot of customers etc then it could be confusing to buy a ring and get a good deal. Especially as she would probably be with me and I don't want to make it look like it's all about the MONEY etc if you know what I mean, it should be a pleasant experience, not a bargain hunting and haggling mission..

But I still will go for the placeholder idea and then we can both go and pick her ring out after that.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm still trying to decide if it will be that beneficial to buy the ring online or at Malaysia or Singapore etc on the way back to Aus and back again? I mean if I'm only going to be spending up to 20,000 pesos or say around $450 then how much will I save? If it only means I might save 10-20% or something then I'd much rather buy the ring for her before I go. I guess one of the main benefits from buying with Bluenile or something similar is that the gems will be certified and I wil get what I pay for. With jewellers in Manila I would have to be careful that I'm getting what I pay for and in such a rush with some of these places having a lot of customers etc then it could be confusing to buy a ring and get a good deal. Especially as she would probably be with me and I don't want to make it look like it's all about the MONEY etc if you know what I mean, it should be a pleasant experience, not a bargain hunting and haggling mission..

But I still will go for the placeholder idea and then we can both go and pick her ring out after that.

These guys did have a special on starting at P9000 but you can look at the others on line then click on the request price button. If anything might give you an idea of what you can get for what price. http://www.weddingrings.com.ph/

Cheapest one here is $450 US http://www.weddingrings.com.ph/viewshop.php?name=808802&s=0&cate=eng&nav=0

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Cheapest one here is $450 US http://www.weddingri...&cate=eng&nav=0

thanks Jolly, that gives me an idea on what I would get locally and I would guess this is about the best I would get since it's online so what I would get in Manila shops will probably be a bit less bang for my buck.

Now to compare that with what I would get for the around the same amount from a place like Bluenile who are meant to be one of the best then this is what I created for $450 keep in mind there could be maybe 10- 15% added for taxes etc or maybe not since Australia only tax things over $1000?

Maybe the diamond experts here could tell me how much better or worse each is compared?

post-1843-0-49287800-1337083663_thumb.jp

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think I could get around double the value from what it looks from buying at Bluenile.

another example is this one I made:

The total diamond carat weight of your ring is 0.32.

Very Good-cut, I-color, VS1-clarity, Princess Cut, 0.32-carat Diamond. Stock #: LD02239923 $367

Classic Four Prong Engagement Ring in 14k White Gold. Stock #: 19788 $190

Subtotal: $557

I tried to match to this one for nearly $1000 over here that is nearly the same: http://www.weddingri...&cate=eng&nav=0

Edited by Adventurer