Special Study Of Expat And Their Partners

brock
Posted
Posted

God .... I want to get into this topic ..... but I'm going to be a good boy and stay out of it ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Yeah, me too, so much, But I wont

phildiver
Posted
Posted

God .... I want to get into this topic ..... but I'm going to be a good boy and stay out of it ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

PLEASE DON'T be a good boy. Chime in.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OK Phildiver I decided to respond (against my better judgement) to the survey ..... I am going to use 7 couples that I actually know and have for sometime (at least 3 years) and that I would consider friends and acquaintances ...... they break down as follows .... I will not expand on any of the info below to keep their privacy intact .....

I feel the following info is relevant as it will give a background view of the type of people in the survey

5 are married ..... 2 are in a relationship (well one is now kaput as you will see later)

Age of the men as follows .... from 50 to 72 ..... AVG. ....... 60

Age of women as follows .... from 19 to 45 ...... AVG. ....... 35

Work background .....

Men ..... 4 professional ..... 3 skilled ...... 4 are now retired .... 3 are still working

Women ...... 1 professional .... 3 skilled ..... 1 student ..... 4 are now retired ....... 2 working .... 1 in school

Of all 7 only one has a child ....

Now to answer some points your survey

1. Of all the couples mentioned above only one (the 19yo) do I know has cheated on her mate ...... now I have to admit I have never asked them but after a while you can tell and I would say none ..... but the 85% you mentioned is extremely high .... IMHO .... another thought is why would they risk their financial security by getting caught screwing around ...... I think some girls were just bragging here to empress the interviewer ..... you know like guys do when in a bar or in high school ...... again IMHO

2. Only one couple has kids but I’m not saying that the others did not want to .... I need to put in here that as Pilipinas like children and large families I don’t think they look to having children as a means to increase their financial security as the man can always leave (no alimony or child support here) and if here Pilipino boyfriend could support her before again why would they risk it

3. Of all the above couples I do not know of one single case of abuse either physical or mental ....

4. Only 2 of the above couples are frugal with their mates .... the 2 not married .... the other 5 give their asawas joint control over cash ... credit cards .... bank accounts etc.

5. That sounds about right ..... I think the SS percentage could be a bit more .... but not mote

6. The wives of 5 of the 7 couples above are not what I would call jealous ..... that is not to say if they caught the other half in bed with another woman they wouldn’t do some serious harm to him ....... the other 2 are the youngsters of the group and I caulk that up to immaturity ..... I do find it strange in your survey that 100% of the Pilipinas are jealous but 85% cheat on their mates ......

very strange .....

7. Of the 7 above only 1 smokes

8. Important here to list what is meant by drinking ...... my information .... 1 ... drinks ... 1 .... social drinker .... 1 .... wine with a meal every now and then.... 4.... don’t drink at all ..... just saying that 75% of the men drink can be very misleading ...... none of the guys listed have a drinking problem ....

9. Again saying that 75% of the men are fat or obese is misleading ..... of the group above 2 .... are skinny ..... 1 ...is average ..... 2 ... are plump ..... and .... 1... is obese (me) ..... again who is to determine who is fat or obese .... but anyway it really doesn’t matter ..... skinny people think anyone bigger than themselves is obese ..... and obese people don’t look at themselves as being obese ..... :hystery: :hystery:

OK so this is what I personally know form the above listing of friends and acquaintances ...... I ‘m not saying your survey is wrong but many times people that you just meet will not tell you the truth ..... I am really surprised that the guys in your survey didn’t brag about bedding every Philipina they meet ..... seems to be a going thing here .... well not just here but every where .... must be that libido thing ..... :hystery: :hystery:

So there it is my $.02 worth ...... :tiphat:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Phildiver and Mike just go to show statistics reflect the kind of people you hang out with I'm not judging just my observation for what its worth..

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK guys, here are my general thoughts about surveys conducted in public. Some are ambush type

surveys, some are already bias (set questions with set answers like multiple choices), most have an

error factor, many are annoyances and the person being questioned will give any answer just to get

rid of the guy.

For example, the guys standing out in front of Wal-Fart to poll or gather signatures for whatever reason

will not get my time of day. Same thing in PI, although....I would find it very strange that a Kano would

approach me with a clip board or tape recorder. But I might participate just out of curiosity. But then

again, I just might try to get rid of him as I down my 4th San Magoo and trying to flirt with the 5th GRO.

But then again, my level of participation will be affected if the surveyor is a nice looking female. And

therefore my answers and her "conclusion" will be erroneous -- "what's the question again Ma'am" as

I look down her cleavage.

Survey says that I'm still a DOM.....he, he -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...
bobbyharmon
Posted
Posted

I will be coming to the Philippines this October and perhaps I might meet the future Mrs. Harmon. I have been reading all about relationships between American and Filipina on this site and others and there is definitely some caution that seems to need to be taken when bringing a Filipina to the States especially when a large age difference is in the picture. I recently spoke to a friend who works in the Utah Immigration Department and he mentioned that he is running into many couples there that are divorcing soon after the Filipina gets her residency. Seems really sad for the guy if this is the case. Filipina are supposed to be different right? Any further advice on ways to reduce this possibility from occurring. Protections to take or it really is a flip of the coin. Maybe better to find a gal closer in age rather than a younger one?

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I know quite a few Filipino couples here and various age differences (the most extreme being 68 and 22) and only one had ended up in divorce. She made no bones about letting everybody know - including her hubby - that she was there only for the Maple Leaf card. The difference in age in that couple? He was 47 and she was 42. The best relationship? He is 54 and she is 29 and have been married for 7 years - and they still can't keep their hands off each other! And, yes, she is worse that he is!!! It has become a common greeting to this couple for us to say "Get a room" rather than "hello"!

:mocking:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

bobbyharmon ...... sadly it is true in SOME cases ..... I personally know of a long time acquaintance who this happened to .... not once but twice ..... he swore he would never bring another girl to the US .... the last one immediately cried abuse and as granted asylum (she was WELL SCHOOLED) after she got what she wanted she went away to join her relatives living in another state ..... she was 20 and he was 54 at the time ..... there is no way for you to know or absolutely sure if you are being set up for this type of scam ...... as the old carny barker said ..... "you buys your ticket .... ya takes your chances" ...... no guarantee and that can go either way ..... IMHO ..... :cheersty:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I will be coming to the Philippines this October and perhaps I might meet the future Mrs. Harmon. I have been reading all about relationships between American and Filipina on this site and others and there is definitely some caution that seems to need to be taken when bringing a Filipina to the States especially when a large age difference is in the picture. I recently spoke to a friend who works in the Utah Immigration Department and he mentioned that he is running into many couples there that are divorcing soon after the Filipina gets her residency. Seems really sad for the guy if this is the case. Filipina are supposed to be different right? Any further advice on ways to reduce this possibility from occurring. Protections to take or it really is a flip of the coin. Maybe better to find a gal closer in age rather than a younger one?

My wife and I know a large number of Filipina American couples in our area. Over the past fourteen years we have found the couples who have the largest age difference are much more likely to have issues. In all cases that we know of if the Filipina worked in a bar the marriage ended.

• Like 2