Living On A Boat?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

perhaps Bob you can use this and live like a KING.

http://www.philippin...-cruise-raffle/ post-1293-0-17953600-1337670431_thumb.jp

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

perhaps Bob you can use this and live like a KING.

sooo cheaply

http://www.philippin...-cruise-raffle/post-1293-0-17953600-1337670431_thumb.jp

Wasn't that from the cruise raffle where Boss Man kept the prize for himself? I heard he stole the boat after cause he said it was so much like home... You didn't steal it from him, now, did you?

:mocking: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is an option Bob. I inquired about their trailerable houseboats a few years ago. They recently e-mailed me asking if i was interested in buying the buisness. $99,000 for everything tools , inventory, materials, building, and 2 experienced employees ready to go. i dreamed that with one of these, getting lost on one of your many 100,000 acre plus lakes in canada would be fun. Maybe they would work on some protected water in the Phil. www.nomadhouseboats.com

Edited by jode

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
Hey, maybe for the next get together in person we could rent a boat for a 3 hour cruise. ;)

The next question is Mary Ann or Ginger.

Never a question for me. Mary Ann! She is just too hot.

Ginger was always too skinny and high maintenance for me.

And living on a boat sounds awesome! But I bet it is not as great as it sounds....

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Tuka..when I was in college I was a security guard at a marina here in san diego. lots of folks lived on boats,,,lots of single guys. Man they would come back with some hot babes! I am sure the line was "I live on a yaught, want to come see it?". But in the morning i would see them shlepping there garbage up to the parking lot, then return for their towel and shower stuff to take a shower at the marina. then make all the trips back and forth from their car to the boat with the bottles of wine and stuff to impress the girls...No thanks lol

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Here is an option Bob. I inquired about their trailerable houseboats a few years ago. They recently e-mailed me asking if i was interested in buying the buisness. $99,000 for everything tools , inventory, materials, building, and 2 experienced employees ready to go. i dreamed that with one of these, getting lost on one of your many 100,000 acre plus lakes in canada would be fun. Maybe they would work on some protected water in the Phil. www.nomadhouseboats.com

They would be ok on a lake for a vacation but I wouldn't want to have them on the ocean... Too shallow and really they are too small to consider living on full time!

If someone wants to live on a boat, it has to be able to survive the wave action! In other words a boat needs to be a little bit bigger and deeper - like a sailboat with a good dagger keel - or something like a small yacht. Anything smaller and you will be bouncing up and down all night... And then you might as well live in your car! Hehe!

• Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)
They would be ok on a lake for a vacation but I wouldn't want to have them on the ocean... Too shallow and really they are too small to consider living on full time!

yes definitly too shallow draft and high-profile to be suitable for ocean. Even being out in a large lake on a windy day may not be fun unless you could find a protected cove.

I was at Cebu yaht club yesterday on Mactan island to inquire about island hopping or evening cruises I had heard about. There were a couple dozen motor yaughts there like you might see in U.S. or Canada. Usually all you see here is Banca's. That is a narrow wood boat with Bamboo outriggers. All the local boats are like that of various sizes. Some 2 or three people size all the way up to banca's of 100 plus feet suitable for a hundred or more that even go between islands as comercial ferries.

Of course you can buy a banca for a reasonable price. I met a guy in Damuguette who did that to use for fishing and leisure. I was on a small one in Palawan last week and was amazed at how fast it could move along with just a small engine and a propeller like you would see on a 2hp outboard in USA. They are so narrow and if it is calm and the outriggers stay out of the water they can really clip along. Modifying a medium size one to add amentities that would make it suitable for living aboard would be doable i am sure.

In coral country most of the islands do not drop off suddenly to deep water but have sand or mudflats which deepen very gradually. You can be a couple hundred yards offshore and its only waist deep (one of the reasons the beaches turn out to be disappointing for many). You just anchor the banca as close as you can to shore then jump out and walk the rest of the way in.

Edited by jode
  • Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)
boat needs to be a little bit bigger and deeper - like a sailboat with a good dagger keel

A week ago I was hanging out in Sea View park along puerto princessa bay in puerto princessa, Palawan . A western guy who looked to be about 70, drew the attention of dozens of people lounging there at sunset as he got into his small dingy, started his little outboard, made his way past the obstacles of other boats mooring lines, and headed out into the bay in his little 6 ft. boat.

I watched him as he made his way past a couple tramp freighters anchored in bay and out to a neat sailboat anchored several hundred yards offshore. It looked to be about a 25 ft sailboat of a type common in most port cities in west. Am not a sailor so can't say what type it was.

I bet the guy had alot of stories to tell of his adventures sailing among the coral heads and reefs of the Philippines.

I believe that in the Philippines because of the shallow waters and reefs that a deep dagger keel may not be practical for most places. Its why the locals went with outriggers instead to stabalize their boats at sea and why all local boats no matter what the size are of that type.

Edited by jode

Jake
Posted
Posted

If someone wants to live on a boat, it has to be able to survive the wave action! In other words a boat needs to be a little bit bigger and deeper - like a sailboat with a good dagger keel - or something like a small yacht. Anything smaller and you will be bouncing up and down all night... And then you might as well live in your car! Hehe!

Hey Bob,

One of my ultimate dreams is owning a yacht like this: http://www.tartanyac...64-71bbb15398d5. In case you

have a few million bucks, the nearest dealer is in Ontario, where O-U-C lives.

But for pure exhilaration, I would love to cross the ocean in one of these babies:

Day dreaming again.......

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hey Bob,

One of my ultimate dreams is owning a yacht like this: http://www.tartanyac...64-71bbb15398d5. In case you

have a few million bucks, the nearest dealer is in Ontario, where O-U-C lives.

But for pure exhilaration, I would love to cross the ocean in one of these babies:

Day dreaming again.......

Let me try this again... Somehow I ended up in the middle of all the quotes so... copy... paste... :mocking:

Jake, I know the boats and the dealership well!!! I am only 40 minutes from the dealership myself and have a bad habit of spending sunny weekend afternoons in the park beside the dealer... hehe! There is a nice little restaurant there with good food and cold beer and I'll sit there, have a great lunch and then enjoy and nice cold one as I watch the ladies... I mean boats out on the water!

• Like 1