Back In Australia For A Few Weeks Mmmm

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
is that the kind of service you get in Australia too?

Defiantly not my experience here where I live. If it was the attendant would be wearing the basket. :no:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
I can't wait to get back,screw the steak and mushrooms....

Well as you said, you are approaching fifty and sometimes things get a little confusing. So; look don't worry its not too late to re direct you to what your meant to be screwing, perhaps hang around at the fish market and get your bearings from there!

We are here to help. :thumbsup:

Yesterday I went to Cebu city health department. We had to go for Marriage guidance and Family planning. So if anyone is confused about what to screw just ask me whilst I remember. Jolly goodfellow it sure as hell aint fish I can tell you.
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I have to say the bacon is also a lot better here in aussie, just had a nice lunch of bacon, scrambled eggs (with real milk & real fresh parsley), bread, watties baked beans ..was delicious, might as well enjoy it here even though I would much rather be back at my beach home there...

as for the basket thing, to be honest I was waiting for something a bit more than them telling you to put it on the rack. Some might do that here too but as long as they say it in a friendly tone then I see no problem. If they looked at you with anger and said in a angry voice to put the damn basked up there where it belongs you friggen lazy idiot then it might be different :)

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted
I have to say the bacon is also a lot better here in aussie, just had a nice lunch of bacon, scrambled eggs (with real milk & real fresh parsley), bread, watties baked beans ..was delicious, might as well enjoy it here even though I would much rather be back at my beach home there...

YES YES, definitely have to agree with you on this one, too bad it's one of the things i have to cut back on. Porridge, papaya and mango breakfasts from now on :th_unfair:

• Like 3

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

YES YES, definitely have to agree with you on this one, too bad it's one of the things i have to cut back on. Porridge, papaya and mango breakfasts from now on :th_unfair:

well if it makes you feel any better I eat oats for breakfast back in the Philippines nearly everyday. I do have bacon & eggs as well but only occasionally as the bacon is just really bad quality there. I also eat loads of tropical fruits too including buko & fresh coconut, plenty of mangos, watermelon, papaya etc. One of the best things I bought there at the department store for less than 1000 pesos was a milk shake machine, i make a fruit shake nearly everyday and keeps me healthy and less prone to diseases there. Just put fruit in with some ice, water & milk as the basics, can add other things optionally like honey etc...

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You can buy Swift bacon at most supermarkets. I'm not a connoisseur but it's as good as any I have eaten anywhere. Most of the rest is pretty bad.

• Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted
One of the best things I bought there at the department store for less than 1000 pesos was a milk shake machine, i make a fruit shake nearly everyday and keeps me healthy and less prone to diseases there. Just put fruit in with some ice, water & milk as the basics, can add other things optionally like honey etc

Mrs Bundy has one of those "Rocket Blenders", she started making me "Health Shakes" made from Broccoli, cauliflower, celery, etc etc...............geez..........PUKE!

I like your idea better, the fruits with ice and milk sounds more drinkable to me! :cheersty:

• Like 2

KanoJoe
Posted
Posted

I'm with ya brother. By the time we reach the age where we can relax and enjoy a nice, big brekkie with all the fixings, our doctors tell us that if we eat that crap we'll die. What is the world coming too!!!!!

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

[

I'm with ya brother. By the time we reach the age where we can relax and enjoy a nice, big brekkie with all the fixings, our doctors tell us that if we eat that crap we'll die. What is the world coming too!!!!!

I think you could still have a brunch like this but it depends on how you make it and prepare it.

Let's say you put a load of fatty oil into a pan and then saturate half a kilo of fatty bacon in it then bring it to heat then that bacon will be very greasy and bad for you. this is a basic example, then crak a few eggs in the same oil, dip some bread in and you have a recipe for an early grave if you ate that regularly and did not exercise that fat off.

Now another alternative is to heat some olive oil up to heat, put a couple of slices of trim middle bacon in and cook that. Then you could even place it on paper towel once cooked to take any oil off.

You could poach or scramble your eggs (my preferred method lately). You could even take one of the yokes out if you want a little less cholesterol but some yoke is good for you as it has certain vitamins etc.

Along with that you could grill some tomato, cooked some baked beans and serve it on wholemeal bread. That is a very healthy meal but of course you would be expected to be exercising daily if you eat such a hearty brunch or lunch.... The doctors just assume everyone is an idiot and you can't blame them as many people do not know how to cook healthy food so it saves them form being sued later if they play it safe..

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lots of fresh veggies, lots of fresh fruit and only free-range chicken breasts for a year along with my oatmeal breakfast. I also had things like poach-fried eggs often, gallons of milk, orange juice and, yes, the occasional beer. When I had my heart scoped after my heart failure (Afib was the cause), I was told that I had zero cholesterol build-up.

For those who are wondering, I found plain poached eggs tasteless so I developed what I call poach - fried. I start out with by melting a very small dab of butter (yeah, the real stuff!) in a frying pan. Once it is warm enough, I will drop an egg into the pan. As soon as it sets just a little, I will pour in a splash of water and then put a lid on. If your stove is electric, you should be able to turn the stove off and let the residual heat finish cooking the egg through. Note - I do not like runny yolks so this method works pretty well. And the dab of butter gives a nice flavour to the eggs as well.

Darn - left the mouse over the post button... Before I so rudely interrupted myself, I was going to say:

Now I know this isn't the same as having bacon and tons of red meat but I found that shortly after switching, I noticed I wasn't missing them. And, if I was going to eat out, that was when I would have them. Worked out very well for me...

Hmm... I wonder... I should start doing that again... I have about 50 pounds I want to lose...

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 1