Back In Australia For A Few Weeks Mmmm

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Now another alternative is to heat some olive oil up to heat, put a couple of slices of trim middle bacon in and cook that. Then you could even place it on paper towel once cooked to take any oil off.

Strange concept because if you heat the pan or grill why would you need oil of any kind? Bacon has its natural fat which starts to break down as soon as heated. No need for oil. I find ! Enough fat in the pan as it is but generally I use a grill plate that the fat runs off.

jode
Posted
Posted

Damit after reading these posts u guys made me hungry and again it will have to be tomorrow for the start of the diet.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted
Now another alternative is to heat some olive oil up to heat, put a couple of slices of trim middle bacon in and cook that. Then you could even place it on paper towel once cooked to take any oil off.

Strange concept because if you heat the pan or grill why would you need oil of any kind? Bacon has its natural fat which starts to break down as soon as heated. No need for oil. I find ! Enough fat in the pan as it is but generally I use a grill plate that the fat runs off.

It depends on what type of pan you use I guess. If you use a non stick pan then it would probably be fine with no oil. Personally I never use them, I prefer stainless steel pans or chef quality pans which usually require at least a think coat of oil to stop sticking unless you heat very gently. On a grill plate would be a good idea too, less grease...

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

JGF - the type of bacon Adventurer is talking about has very little fat. It is similar to Canadian (Back) Bacon of which a good one needs a touch of oil if frying The middle bacon bacon should be even leaner.

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted (edited)

........mmm.....What kind of washing powder do you guys recommend ?

Oh come on ! It's just a joke.

I visited a guy last night ( strange guy I've known a long time, and put off visiting him, but he keeps ringing me. Anyway that's another story.)

Well, while I was there he was showing me his juicer and blender (..................) This gap gives jake time to think of something naughty.

He'd been having some health problems, and was practically living on fruit and veg juice.

Got me thinking, so when I got home I looked up on the net "juicer+diets"......mmm.....interesting. I might just try some of that.

The recipes look quite inviting.

Hope I don't have the same experience as Bundy !

Edited by Classic Dry
  • Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

JGF - the type of bacon Adventurer is talking about has very little fat. It is similar to Canadian (Back) Bacon of which a good one needs a touch of oil if frying The middle bacon bacon should be even leaner.

yeah, i should upload a photo later...