Alka Seltzer !!!

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know where I can get Alka Seltzer here in the philippines?

I don't know if its the food here or what but I sure could use some of those white tablets.

Thanks

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not sure what you need it for but for gas I take 2 Disflatyl tablets ..... works for me ....... gotta catch it before it turns in to an utot :1247: or so my asawa says ...... yea right ..... :whistling: :whistling:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Some alternatives? For gas and bloating just have a large glass of club soda. Can't find any? Try 7-Up. You have heart burn instead? Put a little baking soda in a glass of water, stir and drink. Not helping? Go the other way and try a little apple cider vinegar (just a spash) in a glass of cold or cool water. Just don't mix them!

Alka Seltzer was actually formulated to resemble a bit of baking soda in a glass of soda water... So if you want to go "whole hog"...!

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know where I can get Alka Seltzer here in the philippines?

I don't know if its the food here or what but I sure could use some of those white tablets.

Thanks

since I am not in cebu,

i can only suggest that you or have a friend to check the DUTY FREE PHILPPINES store.(perhaps S&R)

when i last checked it a few years ago, it had certain items,foods.medicines that was not availible in the OPEN market,

also look at some of the smaller, i mean smaller stores,(hole on the wall ones)

as they import some Great,Important items that we miss but cant find,, think of a treasure hunt,, LOOK around.

I have over the years and i am amazed of whay I have found,,

2. if you have a friend , have him to bring some over,,or if you FEEL LUCKY have someone to send it via postal mail. see if it actually arrives.

3, when your here, look at the items that you want or require BUT cant find, try to find or make a subsitution,

if that does not work or is not best for you,

start making a list of the things of you need from the US or back home, maybe you can find someone to bring them over

or if you take a "VISA" renewal trip to HKG,SIN BKK you can find those items and bring them back.

TO me its important to have some items from back home as it gives me my PRIVATE or Personal comfort zone

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If you have a sample left of any medicines or other items you take bring it to the pharmacists and have them look at it and make a recommendation ..... try the larger malls as they usually have a better supply of stuff ..... by all means don't wait until you took the last one like I have in the past and then had to have some brought over from the US to get another sample ..... now I take one to them immediately and get one pill or item to try (they sell everything by the each here) ..... that way you can try out what they recommend before you run out of your original item ..... just remember if it says take one pill (unless prescribed by a doctor of course) you will normally take 2 as we are generally quite a bit bigger than the average Philipino ....... hence I take two of the gas pills instead of the recommended one ......

• Like 3

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

for simple remedy ............. try drinking juice from boiled ginger or just take greentea with ginger drink ............

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good tips, baking soda for heart burn or ginger for upset stomach or motion sickness.

Will this will affect the comparison in prices of corn flakes? :mocking: :hystery: 1%20(103).gif

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Good tips, baking soda for heart burn or ginger for upset stomach or motion sickness.

Will this will affect the comparison in prices of corn flakes? :mocking: :hystery: 1%20(103).gif

Corn Flakes are the bench mark of many things now, I read just the other day that Corn Fakes account for 78% of the worlds bloating forecast. :89:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

JGF ...... you are just plain evil ............... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

JGF ...... you are just plain evil ............... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

Problem is only a handful would understand the cornflakes joke and the rest think I'm crazy.

• Like 3