Falling Coconuts

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Years ago my yacht (HMCS Iroquois) was tied up at Rosie in Puerto Rico... One of the young sailors on the way to the Enlisted beach decided to climb a tree and pick a coconut (at least that is what they looked like - hardly ever say any fruit on those trees!)... I was walking by as the local MPs were loading him into their jeep for the drive to cells. Since then I have steered clear of picking anything that looks like a coconut - no matter where I was! Maybe, after the big move, I might just have to have one or two trees of my own though!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:mocking: The smaller ones may not kill you but can sure as sugar make you Deaf! Pardon, what did you say? :lol:

post-2148-0-24017000-1338468742_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Ha, talking about hearing.... I think it is possible you might be able to hear a coconut about to fall anyway, just have to be prepared to react fast..

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

during the liberation of the philippines, I have read of several troops(sailors.soldiers) who died by a "falling coconut"

strange but true :tiphat:

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted

I was actually told only the rotten coconuts fall down and they have no milk or are very light. I have to say that is the only ones I have seen on the ground too

Would you want to be hit by one though?. I guess my closest experience was when one fell about 50 yards away, my hearing isn't that great but it certainly made me turn around sharpish when I heard it fall. My GF at the time laughed and told me they usually cross the road etc to avoid. Until now I still treat walking under a coconut tree as I would walking under a ladder. A coconut deserves more respect than a shoddy worker..

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

According to wikipedia, the Philippines is the largest producer of coconuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

According to wikipedia, the Philippines is the largest producer of coconuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut

Thank you for that sir I have never actually sat down and read about coconuts .... although I knew they were good for you .... I never knew how good ..... excellent food product ....... :thumbsup: :tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Pure coconut oil is one of the mildest yet best cleaner's you can find! Try washing your hair with it - perfect every time!

Don't use my picture as proof of that...

• Like 1