Requirements For Marriage In The Phills

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I would bring more than one copy of your BC as well as more than 1 copy of your divorce papers if you have them ..... it is much much harder to get more certified copies after you get here of the originals .....

Mike S has made a GREAT statement, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EXTRA COPIES(true-original,not photocopied), As he said, its harder to get them once your here,

Same goes, that if your leaving the RP,take extra copies(5 or more) so that you will have enough,

pay now at 120/150 normal or thru E-census at 315p? or PAY $20.00usd later,

why have extra? 1st why not?? 2nd, over the years, processing this request, enrolling,applying for government services, our(mine) copies seem to slowly disappear,

SO by having EXTRA. you plan ahead and save$$$$

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EXTRA COPIES(true-original,not photocopied),

What is True original copies then?

Anyway I have 2 signed copies by a JP plus 1 extra copy as well as the original as I live there now I'm not leaving any important personal things back in Aussie.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Most of the time I believe they look for a stamp or seal ...... Notary Republics in the Us used to have a embossed seal type stamp now it is just an ink stamp ...... anyway when I sent for my extra copies they came with what looked like a photocopy but with a nice big green seal on them (just the way they did them at this particular courthouse) and the words "true certified copy" on it ..... not sure about other countries but you can do a Google on birth certificate and copies in the US and you get a whole list of states and where and how to get extra certified copies ..... most states have government agencies that will do this for you for a fee of course ..... luckily I got mine from the register in state I was born in ..... been awhile so don't remember the cost but for extra copies it is cheaper ..... the search is the biggest cost .....

I'm sure other countries offer the same service .....

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was reading a guide to weddings in Thailand and it looks interesting. Cheap enough. Seems easier that Phils. And after the ceremony come back on a balikbayan stamp, then next year go back for a honeymoon and come back with another bb stamp.

Does this work?

brock
Posted
Posted

It would do Dave, If you can get your future bride out of the country without being accused of trafficking, :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
realdeal43
Posted
Posted

I live in Roxas City.Will I have to got to the US Embassy in Manila to get a CNI or can I do it online????

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I live in Roxas City.Will I have to got to the US Embassy in Manila to get a CNI or can I do it online????

realdeal43 ...... the only thing I know of for marriage that you need from the US Embassy is the Legal Capacity and yes you will need to go to the US Consular or Embassy in person to swear before them that what you filled out on the form is correct and true ...... the Consulars are in Cebu and Davao .... they also have a roving team that goes to different areas but I have no list of where they will appear next ..........I am not aware of any other form needed from them to get married .... :cheersty:

• Like 1

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

it might be good to remember this little note from the Embassy:

In late 2011, the U.S. Embassy learned that the following local registrars had refused to accept the Affidavit In Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry as a viable alternative to the Philippine document: Makati City, Quezon City, Davao City. :hystery:

• Like 2