P.i. Alcohol & The Quality ?

Higg-num
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey all,

I am curious. What is the level of alcohol in the beer there ? Can you get good vodka like grey goose or even better " Ciroc " ?

Ales; I do not believe I'll have the choice I have here in the U.S. as far as my german and Belgium favorites. Most of those types are high fermented and aged a couple of years. There kind of expensive at $ 5 for 11 oz's.

Alcohol levels are any where from 8.5 % to 15 %. They are very beneficial health wise. The use no GMO crap nor pesticides or poisons and are brewed by real master craftsmen. They increase the flora in the system and after a hard day of training helps with replenishing certain fluids in the body & winds down the mind a bit.

What about wine ? I prefer Organic reds / No sulfites added. These have the best flavor with red meat IMO. Oh and with good cheeses as well.

Just trying to figure out my packing list.

Thanks

Edited by Higg-num
  • Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

You can find high end liquor at Duty free stores . Most local stuff is ok at best. my favorites are 15 year old tanduay rum (350 pesos) One of the best rums anywhere.

As for beer theres little to pick from but the Cervesa Negro is good stuff really dark . Prices for imported liquor are expensive compared to the local brands but they are available .

• Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

I am curious. What is the level of alcohol in the beer there ? Can you get good vodka like grey goose or even better " Ciroc " ?

Ales; I do not believe I'll have the choice I have here in the U.S. as far as my german and Belgium favorites. Most of those types are high fermented and aged a couple of years. There kind of expensive at $ 5 for 11 oz's.

Alcohol levels are any where from 8.5 % to 15 %. They are very beneficial health wise. The use no GMO crap nor pesticides or poisons and are brewed by real master craftsmen. They increase the flora in the system and after a hard day of training helps with replenishing certain fluids in the body & winds down the mind a bit.

What about wine ? I prefer Organic reds / No sulfites added. These have the best flavor with red meat IMO. Oh and with good cheeses as well.

Just trying to figure out my packing list.

Thanks

on my last trip to philippines I had one suitcase with three botles of wine and two big bricks of cheese. The wine could probably have been bought here but the cheese was a necesity that can hardly be found here. What they have for cheese here is an outrage to someone from Wisconsin like me. It is not real cheese at all. Wish I could have figured out a way to bring sausages as well as good ones here expensive and hard to find.

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted (edited)
Ales; I do not believe I'll have the choice I have here in the U.S. as far as my german and Belgium favorites. Most of those types are high fermented and aged a couple of years. There kind of expensive at $ 5 for 11 oz's. Alcohol levels are any where from 8.5 % to 15 %. They are very beneficial health wise. The use no GMO crap nor pesticides or poisons and are brewed by real master craftsmen. They increase the flora in the system and after a hard day of training helps with replenishing certain fluids in the body & winds down the mind a bit.

I gave up drinking the local beer, all the beers i found were awful or sterile due to the long shipping times for imports. I started brewing my own beer and honestly have not looked back. Very easy to do and the results from those simple brew-your-own kits can be really really excellent. I import mine from the UK as i prefer real-ale styles of beer, but the selection is so wide i can't imagine anyone running out of choices.

BTW, i brew 24 liters (i bottle into 4 cases or 24 grande's) of beer from a single kit and the cost for the complete kit is about P750, that works out to about P30 for each liter. Not bad IMHO as my beer blows the local stuff away.

Edited by billten
  • Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I started brewing my own beer and honestly have not looked back. Very easy to do and the results from those simple brew-your-own kits can be really really excellent.

could you explain how it was to find the :cheersty: "brew"(BYOK)kit and was it available here on the RP?

is this a legal thing to do as long as its for self use? I appreciate this info. As i dont drink

but LOVE to know new things like Making your own "moonshine" :cheers:

• Like 2

billten
Posted
Posted
could you explain how it was to find the "brew"(BYOK)kit and was it available here on the RP? is this a legal thing to do as long as its for self use? I appreciate this info. As i dont drink but LOVE to know new things like Making your own "moonshine"

I buy the kits off brew your own beer sites on the internet, they send them to a family member who tosses them into a balikbayan box that i have sent here every 6 months or so.

Brewing for home use is legal.

If you want to talk about moonshine, talk to Ron (dzighnman) as i have it from a good source that he has made a little of the white lightening...

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Being an average Aussie,if you put two glasses of wine infront of me, one from a $10 bottle and the other from a $1,000 bottle, i could not tell ANY difference, they would both taste bloody terrible to me :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Now beer is a different story and i don't know why anyone would criticise Filipino beer because to me it tastes just fine.I love the San Miguel Light in particular but don't be fooled by the word "light".Unlike here in Australia where a light beer is one of low alcohol content, when Filipinos use this term, they are referring to the calories and NOT the alcohol.SML actually has an alochol content of 5%!

Tanduay rum is also excellent IMHO, tastes great mixed with Jaz Cola. :cheersty:

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I discovered the best beer in the Philippines that you can buy nearly everywhere there (but you have to ask for it as often it is not displayed), it sure makes any other common beer there taste like piss water. :lol: if you want to know how good a beer is take the cap off and come back in 3-4 hours, the one that still tastes good is a proper beer....

brands06.jpg

http://www.sanmiguel...m.ph/popup06.ht

As for organic red wine, ha, I wish but I think you would be kidding yourself if you can find a bottle of local organic wine there.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I like the San Miguel Premium Lauger the brother to your choice Adventure.

denmark_sanmiguel.jpg

Bundy, right on Bro! This American feels the same way about wine don't care for it that much at all and a $10.00 bottle is as good as it gets to my taste!

• Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i guess my taste buds are gone RED HORSE i think it is 6.5

• Like 1