P.i. Alcohol & The Quality ?

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Well in the states there's always boones farm for us classy people :cheersty: . It was the only wine I drank when I was young.

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted (edited)

The local beer gives me a rotten headache, every time, even just one bottle and the next day i feel like crap. The beer i brew, no matter how much i drink, never gives me a hangover. I think its because if you brew your own, it has no chemicals or preservatives in it, just water, hops, malt, sugar and yeast. Very pure and simple is the best IMO.

Edited by billten
  • Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I like the San Miguel Premium Lauger the brother to your choice Adventure.

denmark_sanmiguel.jpg

Bundy, right on Bro! This American feels the same way about wine don't care for it that much at all and a $10.00 bottle is as good as it gets to my taste!

yeah I have to say I forgot about the premium beers there, they are pretty good too. Unfortunately a lot of places only sell 3 beers, red horse, pilsen & light.

retired
Posted
Posted

As an American have found SM beers as good or better than domestic American and certainly cheaper . Saw Heinken in the grocery the other day . Was 50 peso , i think per 12 oz. bottle which is suspect is cheaper than in the states as i used to pay that years ago . The Negra as mentioned is also very good . Just depends on your tastes , like food . I am with the Aussie though when it comes to Wine . Wouldn't know quality per price and in fact tend to like the fruty flavors but not talking Mad Dog 20 20 here . :-)

Bundy
Posted
Posted
The local beer gives me a rotten headache, every time, even just one bottle and the next day i feel like crap

Funny isn't it Bill, it's either something in the beer as you've eluded to or something in each one of us that causes us to react the way we do.Fortunately for me i don't have any problem with San Miguel but if i drink one particular beer from my own country ( VB ) honestly i get "crook as rookwood"!, what's worse is that i really like the taste of that stuff. Only other thing i can think of that had a similar effect on me was when i tried casava cake.Geez..........standing in the shower and it's comming out both ends simultaneously......what a riot! :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Now i had a mate who brewed some real good beer from the simple coopers kits and i gotta say it wasn't bad, but his was the ONLY one i could drink, all others tasted like dishwater. Tried brewing it myself once............errrrr, i'll stick to the SML i think :cheersty:

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I'm never touching home brew again.. i used to make it all the time but it was all guess work as I could never be bothered doing it like a science experiment with all the temperature gauges etc. I used to mix it in a container, let it brew then put a spoon of brown sugar ete in the bottles.

I made it for months and it was great but then one time a batch went weird, it might have been too much sugar or something or I left it too long, can't remember now but all the bottles started blowing the lids off and the rest were making really weird scary noises like there was going to be one huge explosion...

We ended up getting some helmets and body suits and went it and grabbed the unexploded bottles and smashed them into a large bin. :lol:

never going there again, rather buy it now ... :unsure:

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Most ale type brews that are " Good " for the body are gonna be aged. ( Several months to a few years ) They are also not going to have binders /fillers/ cheap sugars or carmel colors. Very little to no wheat. No GMO's, preservatives & no artificial anything. Nothing to preserve except the fermentation. Cheap ingredients are added to cut costs and " Trick " the pallet just like chemical additives in so called foods.

There is a reason the good stuff such as Duvel, forett & Aventinus; weizen-Eisbock, command the price they do. Alcohol levels are any where from 8 % to 12 %. You may consume several with no headache. They do not put fat on your gut nor damage your liver like those cheaper brews that go bad with in a few months of being bottled.

So, how is it you are importing the ales directly from europe ? BTW , Thanks guys

• Like 4

billten
Posted
Posted

I the UK it has been the practice for a very long time for a Doctor to prescribe an elderly person a 'glass of stout' every evening. It may not have a huge medicinal effect but it sure make them sleep well... ;-)

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I the UK it has been the practice for a very long time for a Doctor to prescribe an elderly person a 'glass of stout' every evening. It may not have a huge medicinal effect but it sure make them sleep well... ;-)

There actually is a lot of value of having that glass of stout each night! It helps keep people regular, is loaded with vitamins and minerals, helps keep kidney infections away, helps control weight, is good for maintaining bone density, and is also thought to prevent degenerative eye disease... And there are still lots of other reasons but my fingers are getting sore! :tiphat:

• Like 2

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Ummm.....How do you import the good ales from europe guys ? Thanks