Rogue Emails

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yes, the email is from her account.  Problem with deleting the yahoo account is it can only be done when signed on and since the hacker took over the account we cannot sign on.  THAT is the problem I can see no solution for.  Also contacting support requires being signed on  . . . . .  hmmm . . .  maybe I can contact support from MY Yahoo account and ask them what to do.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Dave, if she had a cell number associated with her account which is most likely she did not but if so you do this, http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_AU&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&page=content&id=SLN2768

Just to add that you can if you are able to recover your account is see where the sign in has been coming from, http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_AU&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&page=content&id=SLN2073 The last time it happened to me it showed Pakistan.

Also for others with yahoo, you might like to use their SSL sign in by going to advance settings and turning it on.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thanks.  I tried to contact Yahoo support from my account but they pre fill some of the info so that I would be afraid they think it is MY account we want deleted.  So I tried again to contact them without signing into any account and they don't accept that.  So it seems if someone 'jacks your Yahoo account and starts to change info or if you cannot remember the info you provided then it is gone for good.  Like a stolen anything.  Sucks.

I think whoever 'jacks these accounts is somehow doing it without using the password.  If they knew the password then they could change it and they have not changed her password.  They have just accessed her address book and email account.