Why I Look Forward To A Thailand Vacation

Curley
Posted
Posted

I've just had a month in Chiang Mai, the second biggest city in Thailand, very cosmopolitan, Jomtien is quite good but being taken over by the Russians, I love it but you cannot beat the Fillipinas!

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Making me jealous have not been to Jomtien since February. The water park at the Pataya end is also a good day out. Have you ever been to Rayong? now that is peaceful.

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

i know what you mean in some provinces like there where you live you are a side show attraction... I enjoy friendly greetings but not so much the sniggers, laughing at you not with you sort of thing.. but overall i enjoy the Philippines and it does depend where you live, where I live in the beach resort area these days they are used to foreigners so you fit n more and the locals are very polite, not like some other provinces I have been to where they bug you for a ride etc and won't take no for an answer.

I would love to go to Thailand as I would enjoy their cuisine so much, it would be food heaven for me...

Edited by Adventurer

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

I've just had a month in Chiang Mai, the second biggest city in Thailand, very cosmopolitan, Jomtien is quite good but being taken over by the Russians, I love it but you cannot beat the Fillipinas!

Been to Chiang Mai before, nice town. Well, I bring my own :-)

Making me jealous have not been to Jomtien since February. The water park at the Pataya end is also a good day out. Have you ever been to Rayong? now that is peaceful.

Yes, looking forward to bring the kids to the water park. Never been to Rayong yet..

Curley
Posted
Posted

I would love to go to Thailand as I would enjoy their cuisine so much, it would be food heaven for me...

Just chuck in handfuls of chillis to any meal.... :)

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Just chuck in handfuls of chillis to any meal.... :)

I wish it was that easy (I do chuck handfuls in my meals) galangel,basil, cilantro,mint,fresh limes,and lots of vegys make Thai food great . most of it hard to source in the RP

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
We're renting a large modern, fully furnished 2BR condo with sea view for about 40K peso.

How long are you renting for, for 40K? A week?

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
We're renting a large modern, fully furnished 2BR condo with sea view for about 40K peso.

Three weeks in Jomtien, then later a week up north.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Three weeks in Jomtien, then later a week up north.

That sounds so nice! Even though I have been "retired" for over 2 months now, I have been working my butt off and a long vacation would be so welcome!