Why I Look Forward To A Thailand Vacation

Americano
Posted
Posted

Too many greetings and Hey Joes does get old but what bothers me the most is people staring at me and my wife. When we go in a mall there must be at least 10 people who stop what they are doing and stare at us for a long time. It reminds me of walking into a pasture of cows grazing. Some of them will stop eating and stare at you until you leave.

Last year we went on vacation for 5 days to Hong Kong and Disneyland. I didn't notice anyone staring at us there. Why do some Filipinos stare so much? Even people who see us often still stare.

I haven't been to Thailand yet but it may be my next out of country vacation destination.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
KanoJoe
Posted
Posted (edited)

There will be plenty of tourists, which actually is a good thing. We probably won't hear a single "hi joe" during our stay.

No, but you may hear "Zdravstvuj comrade" quite a bit. Jomtien has been overrun by Eastern Block tourists and they are none too friendly. I believe rude as hell would be a better description.

Enjoy your holiday.

Edited by KanoJoe

Expatfrom89
Posted
Posted

Chiang Mai is a very good alternative to people who don't need beaches and who don't like the Philippines.

Expatfrom89
Posted
Posted

It's even cheaper than places like Cebu City

• 2 weeks later...
crazykopite
Posted
Posted

I live on koh Samui it is a wonderfull island but alas it is now deemed as one of the most expensive along with Koh Phangan in Thailand. Pattaya and Phuket have become very sleazy more so Pattaya and over the last six months there have been a lot of murders and muggings in both areas of overseas visitors, hence the reason why I would not visit either. Thailand has been very quiet this past year for tourists and this reflects on the prices desperate people do desperate things and it is not Thai's who always commit these crimes, expats who have run out of luck are just as bad. Now that Bangkok air has started flights from Samui to Kuala Lumpur I am looking fgorward to visiting the Phillie's as I can get a flight from KL !!!!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

heres another reason to visit Thailand

not able to post all the photos

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-19413480

• Like 1