'quota Visa'.

Guy
Posted
Posted

If you want to stay permanently here in the Phils, what you need is a Quota visa. Immigration allocate a certain number of visa's to certain countries every year, this apparently is to stop guys marrying Philippino's just to stay in this country.

If you would like to know more about a Quota visa and assistance in obtaining one, contact; "Aurea Cisneros" <cisnerosaurea@yahoo.com>, she will not rip you off, she has relatives working in the immigration department. (sorry, I cannot remember how much I paid for mine, it was a couple of years ago now). I do know I got the visa and the I-card all within one week.

Just mention my name if you contact her, Phil Maddox. I am not on a kick back, I just told her I would pass her name around after she helped me to get my visa.

Thanks, Phil.

adventureguy
Posted
Posted

sorry, I cannot remember how much I paid for mine, it was a couple of years ago now

I guess "Old Timers" Disease hits us all eventually. :lol: Can you give us even a ball park price of what this cost you?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If you want to stay permanently here in the Phils, what you need is a Quota visa. Immigration allocate a certain number of visa's to certain countries every year, this apparently is to stop guys marrying Filipina just to stay in this country.

If you would like to know more about a Quota visa and assistance in obtaining one, contact; "Aurea Cisneros" <cisnerosaurea@yahoo.com>, she will not rip you off, she has relatives working in the immigration department. (sorry, I cannot remember how much I paid for mine, it was a couple of years ago now). I do know I got the visa and the I-card all within one week.

Just mention my name if you contact her, Phil Maddox. I am not on a kick back, I just told her I would pass her name around after she helped me to get my visa.

Thanks, Phil.

Are you sure you mean Quota Visa, considering they only issue 50 per year, unless you have a hell of a lot of Money, Contacts and can be beneficial to the Country i doubt very much the man in the street would not even get an application approved, let alone on the Approved List. the approve list, can be found on the BOI Website. Now if you mean Non Quota, You need a Wife to begin with. many people have married on a Tourist Visa, means an extension or two maybe but it can and has been done. the average Fixer is just not in this league.on Quota Visas to my mind better, cheaper all round to get married and do it the man in the street way 13a Non Quota Visa

Just my opinion of course

• Like 2

Guy
Posted
Posted

I think I paid US$5,000 for everything, but please don't quote me, "Old Timers" Disease does hit us all eventually. LOL

Guy
Posted
Posted

Jack, don't know what you have heard or where you got it from, but like I said, just contact the lady I mentioned, and providing there are still 'Quota' visa's available for your country, she will get you one. Yes, there are only 50 per country, but I had no trouble getting mine at all, and it didn't cost a shed load of money, $5,000 I think. She and her relatives do all the paperwork, so you really have nothing to do at all, except turn up and have pics taken and finger printing.

adventureguy
Posted
Posted

Are you sure you mean Quota Visa, considering they only issue 50 per year, unless you have a hell of a lot of Money, Contacts and can be beneficial to the Country i doubt very much the man in the street would not even get an application approved, let alone on the Approved List. the approve list, can be found on the BOI Website. Now if you mean Non Quota, You need a Wife to begin with. many people have married on a Tourist Visa, means an extension or two maybe but it can and has been done. the average Fixer is just not in this league.on Quota Visas to my mind better, cheaper all round to get married and do it the man in the street way 13a Non Quota Visa

I have been told by others that you don't actually need to marry a filipino to get a 13A visa. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this?

Duma
Posted
Posted

Adventure guy. A quota visa or 13 visa is given in slots of 50 per country, not 50 in total as what the BI explained to me. I obtained a quota visa about 6 years ago and in total I paid just under 100,000 php.

This included the medical checkup, quarantine certificate in your passport. NBI clearence, flights back and forth to Manila and hotel for 3 nights.

I also had my Attorney set up the interview with the BI in Manila. I also had my defacto partner with me at the time. They asked me why I wanted a permanent resident visa for as I was not married to a Filipina. I have a building corporation here which they wanted copies of the registration of the corporation. I also had to prove that you have enough finaces to support yourself in a bank account with a letter from the bank stating that was the correct amount in their bank statement.

During the interview one of the BI collegues came and asked the interviewer how much they were getting under the table. His reply was nothing as he has an Attorney. My partner explained to me later as they were speaking in Tagalog.

The going rate now is between 250,000 and 280,000php that's the last I heard in Cebu. Don't do it in Cebu. The offical receipt that you get from the BI is about 10% of what you have to pay. Yes its now very much a grease the palm visa. Remember where you are.

I don't know how much it costs guy's who are on tourist visa's the costs to keep renewing per year. But I last heard it ends up costing over 23,000php per year to keep extending. And you have to leave the country, so add that onto the cost on a tourist visa.

So now I pay 310php per year so if I get another 25 years out of this old dog I will be way in front. I have already saved the cost of the 13 visa now by not having to pay the extension.

That said I think this might effect my application for a pension when or if they ask me if I am a permanent resident of another country. I will cross that bridge in another12 years time.

Koala

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have been told by others that you don't actually need to marry a filipino to get a 13A visa. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this?

The Non Quota section 13 visa comes with subheadings !A! to !G! a 13 A is for a Visa by Marriage to a Filipino

Go tohttp://www.immigration.gov.ph here you will find all you need to know. click immigrant visas under services

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

None here is saying much about the $40.000 required investment provable or even the Advantages that they will bring to the Philippines now or in the Future

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

None here is saying much about the $40.000 required investment provable or even the Advantages that they will bring to the Philippines now or in the Future

I think you are getting the Visas mixed up, there is no required sum for a 13 a or quota visa, I think you are thinking of the SVEG if that is what it was called.

Anyway here is a list of who got a Quota Visa, why, beats me. :lol: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1131&Itemid=

• Like 1