Thinking Of Moving To Negros Occidental

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Not that I want to get into the Bacolod or Dumaguete pissing contest, in fact I have a house in Lamdas, which is about half way between the two, (but still in Negros Oriental). You don't have to live in Dumaguete City itself, there are some great places just outside of the city, like going south to Zamboanguita, or going north Sibulan, Tanjay City, or even Bias. They are close enough to the larger city to be convenient, yet away from the majority of the Urban living and Expats (if you feel the need to be away from them).

I don't suggest going as far as Lamdas, which is closer to the middle of the island and Mabinay as you lose the enjoyment of the water. Having said that if you do want to be alone and have water, there is an old resort called "The Highlands" that in the American days used to be the spot to go to on the island. It has 5 private lakes all fed by natural springs from the mountains and is completely secluded. Because it has been abandoned for almost 20 years. The owner now lives in BC Canada, and is interested to sell the land.

I am sure there are the same sort of place up in and around Bacolod, I just have not as yet had the pleasure of visiting them.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

I was impressed with Duma on my visit. Seemed the place had sense of community and things were more planned out than most typical Filipino bergs. Now with regular flights to cebu its not too cut off say for example like folks in Ormoc.

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the reply's. I will give it some thought. Looks like for now we will be renting a place close to where we are now in Liloan for the time being.

Thanks again.