What Is Your Ideal Retirement?

crazykopite
Posted
Posted

I am retired along with my wife and we live on the island of koh Samui Thailand. I had set myself a year to retire which was my 55 Birthday some five years ago and was fortunate enough to sell my business and property within a six month period of my retirement date. We moved to Thailand in 2006 nand for the 1st few years travelled around Asia as at the time we did not have a retirement visa and would have to leave every 90 days but that was great as we could plan our next visit . In 2008 we decided to go for the retirement visa which means we never have to exit Thailand we just report in to our local immigration office every 90 days to confirm that we are still alive and kicking which is much easier however I do miss the travel to other countries. Now days what do we do with our time if I am honest then it must be said very little but that is what retirement is all about chilling out going to the beach on the laptop or reading on the kindle and I have to say I do not know where the time goes. we then have family out from the UK for a number of weeks throughout the year and once they go back I do need the hammock for a week to recuperate , retirement is what you make of it Enjoy because life is to short !!

• Like 2