Would Like To Meet Some Folks In Cebu-I'm A Newbie!

vaughnyb
Posted
Posted

Hello all:

New to the forum and been reading and enjoying. I've seen some of the posts as to the best cities in Cebu to live. I plan to tour cebu a little on August 5 - 10 with the intention of returning in January and stay till may or June. I currently live in Thailand for the last 2 years and philippines will provide me with a change of pace. My mind needs a rest from learning the Thai language. (lol)

I have been to Cebu before briefly as well as Cagayan de oro, Manilla and Clark. I am aware of the culture and i am easily adaptable to various new cultures because lived in various parts of South America for the past five years or so.

I am interested in the following cities: Cebu City and Carcar.

If anyone has any other suggestions of place to explore. I am very open. My requirements for a city to live are:

Quiet but close to civilization

Public Transportation because I have no car.

convenient toshops mall etc. or at least public transport can get you there in under 45 minutes

plenty of available women because i am single

a little nightlife because i am 45 years young

lots of greenery because I like the sweet smell of nature

I can deal with urban environment but since I grew up in the New York New Jersey area, I've had my share of it.

Again hope to one day meet some of you and suggestions are welcome!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum!

Carcar would be a great start as you know its near enough to Cebu City by bus or v-hire but far enough to be quiet and fairly clean. We live in the States but there are some members living in that area that I know of.

billten
Posted
Posted

Well if you make it to Carcar LMK and i'll give you the whirlwind tour. It won't take real long ;-)

Bill

vaughnyb
Posted
Posted

Well if you make it to Carcar LMK and i'll give you the whirlwind tour. It won't take real long ;-)

Bill

sounds great! I guess it wont take long because its such a small town or your such an 'amazingly' efficient and fast tour guide?..lol...thanks for the offer

billten
Posted
Posted
I guess it wont take long because its such a small town or your such an 'amazingly' efficient and fast tour guide?

Naa, sorry bro, its more of a sneeze and you'll miss it kind of thing.

Carcar is really a great place if you want to chill out and have some kind of interests that allow you to not need to be in the city life so very often. I have a hobby farm with goats, chickens and such, a workshop where i make furniture for the house i built and i also home-school my kids. When i'm not doing all that I work via the internet back into the West to pay for all of this.

All in all it keeps me real busy, but, i can't remember the last time i had 'dinner out' somewhere fancy, it doesn't bother me because i go to bed tired every night and look forwards to getting up every morning. If you like any kind of nightlife or get bored easily, Carcar might not be for you, if you are cool with the semi-bukid lifestyle, living up in the mountains outside Carcar is my slice of heaven. Like i said, drop by when you arrive and make up your own mind about the place.

Bill

vaughnyb
Posted
Posted
I guess it wont take long because its such a small town or your such an 'amazingly' efficient and fast tour guide?

Naa, sorry bro, its more of a sneeze and you'll miss it kind of thing.

Carcar is really a great place if you want to chill out and have some kind of interests that allow you to not need to be in the city life so very often. I have a hobby farm with goats, chickens and such, a workshop where i make furniture for the house i built and i also home-school my kids. When i'm not doing all that I work via the internet back into the West to pay for all of this.

All in all it keeps me real busy, but, i can't remember the last time i had 'dinner out' somewhere fancy, it doesn't bother me because i go to bed tired every night and look forwards to getting up every morning. If you like any kind of nightlife or get bored easily, Carcar might not be for you, if you are cool with the semi-bukid lifestyle, living up in the mountains outside Carcar is my slice of heaven. Like i said, drop by when you arrive and make up your own mind about the place.

Bill

Thanks. I am beginning to think that Cebu city might be a good place to initially start out and then branch out. I still lik to 'shake a leg' once in a while. I will look you up if I come that way, which I believe that I will.

brock
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, :cheersty: Plenty of hotels near Mango where the nightlife is

vaughnyb
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, :cheersty: Plenty of hotels near Mango where the nightlife is

wheres mango and what is it?

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

wheres mango and what is it?

General Maxilom Ave...aka Mango Ave...is one of the streets that intersects Fuente Circle. On Mango Ave there are a number of night life venues. At Mango square there are a couple discos, notably Juliana's...but I think its been renamed, however if you tell a taxi driver Juliana's he will know where to take you. Also further down Mango Ave are several gogo clubs if you are into that type of entertainment.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

tons of clubs on mango ave julianas is now called J ave theres also pump disco all within a few blocks . I find staying in the city for more than a couple days sucks its to polluted and very hot.

When you make your way to Carcar i can show you the limited nightlife here (about 5 or 6 places to have a cold one ) but its only a 1 hour ride to cebu city and the air is much fresher here .

To me the best part about Carcar is location close to the city and close to lots of cool places to travel to . Moalboal just over 1 hour away, barili falls 30 minutes,the ferry to bohol about 30 minutes . Argao for the beach 30 minutes . I find the traffic is way better heading south than heading north from Cebu .