Would Like To Meet Some Folks In Cebu-I'm A Newbie!

vaughnyb
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, :cheersty: Plenty of hotels near Mango where the nightlife is

wheres mango and what is it?

General Maxilom Ave...aka Mango Ave...is one of the streets that intersects Fuente Circle. On Mango Ave there are a number of night life venues. At Mango square there are a couple discos, notably Juliana's...but I think its been renamed, however if you tell a taxi driver Juliana's he will know where to take you. Also further down Mango Ave are several gogo clubs if you are into that type of entertainment.

ok thanks...i heard about mango st....will check it out.

vaughnyb
Posted
Posted

tons of clubs on mango ave julianas is now called J ave theres also pump disco all within a few blocks . I find staying in the city for more than a couple days sucks its to polluted and very hot.

When you make your way to Carcar i can show you the limited nightlife here (about 5 or 6 places to have a cold one ) but its only a 1 hour ride to cebu city and the air is much fresher here .

To me the best part about Carcar is location close to the city and close to lots of cool places to travel to . Moalboal just over 1 hour away, barili falls 30 minutes,the ferry to bohol about 30 minutes . Argao for the beach 30 minutes . I find the traffic is way better heading south than heading north from Cebu .

is public tranportation available to and around Carcar or do I need a car?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Go to the South Bus Terminal in Cebu City and take a Ceres or Sunray bus to Carcar, they run all the time aircon and non. In Carcar the mode of transportation is mainly tricycles, thousands of em.

vaughnyb
Posted
Posted

Go to the South Bus Terminal in Cebu City and take a Ceres or Sunray bus to Carcar, they run all the time aircon and non. In Carcar the mode of transportation is mainly tricycles, thousands of em.

okay cool! had some experience with trikes when I was in angeles city. I feel like my name is 'robin' from Batman when riding in one.....blahhh! baaaam! lol

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Public transport is every where in the RP . Very cheap and pretty good if you can travel via air con bus . just ask pretty much anyone where you want to go and they will point you in the right direction . There are several different ways to travel Jeepney a small covered multicab sits 10 or way more , Mini bus sits 30 plus as many as you can pack standing and really loud music with open windows . Then the Ceres liner full size Buses sits 40+ they fill the every space to stand ,Air con Ceres is the best newest buses best drivers and only fill the seats no standing plus many play movies now and the air con is cold . Once you hop off the bus its tricycles easy to use and most drivers know there town so if you say the foreigner guy on the hill (or where ever) you will prob get to where your going lol

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I'm relatively new here but from what I have seen south of main Cebu City is more what you want. My girl and her family really like Mandaue City but I haven't looked around much there. Mactan Island seems to be popular also... I see a lot of rentals available there.

The GREEN circle is the plaza near Mango Ave (Fuente-Osmena). The RED I added to show the areas I've seen and might be of interest. My opinion is only based on when I looked at 2 houses here... 1 toward the south of the red box and it was dark when I was there. It was going up into the hills. The other was a townhouse on Mactan Island in a sub-division. We live on V. Rama and the polution here is pretty bad some days.

:tiphat:

post-2377-0-90819700-1341237231_thumb.jp

• Like 1