How Do You Handle Your Filipino Relatives Who Ask For $$$

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I got another email asking me to ask how you guys handle your Filipino relatives when they ask you for money, and while it seems like an age old question that seems to have been discussed many times on other forums, I wonder if anyone has any new answers. I know I don't.

Markham
Posted
Posted
I got another email asking me to ask how you guys handle your Filipino relatives when they ask you for money, and while it seems like an age old question that seems to have been discussed many times on other forums, I wonder if anyone has any new answers. I know I don't.
I go deaf! Works for me. :th_exactly: :rolleyes:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I go deaf! Works for me. :lol: :rolleyes:
I like that. :7_4_17[1]: :lol: :th_exactly:

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

What, I can't hear you.I set the proper precedent in the very beginning so it never happens. That's the ticket. Not to mention finding a woman with a family that is not destitute or on the edge of it.I was discussing this with a friend last night. We agree that some guys go for the Filipinas who are from the province and or down and out so that they can be the center of their universe and have submissiveness. Then they complain when the family mobs them for money. What do they expect? The wanted to be the master of the universe, the master usually pays. LOLOLLee, that should liven up a subject that you already said was a bit redundant, in so many words. LOL

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Have the GF or wife tell them

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Before you marry a Filipina the subject of Church, children and money needs to be very clearly understood. IMO a modest monthly payment to Mother and Father is correct and normal. The amount and date of payment must be fixed and FULLY understood by the wife and Mom and Dad. NO EXCEPTIONS! It

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
IMO a modest monthly payment to Mother and Father is correct and normal.
I vehemently disagree unless there are extenuating circumstances. And I mean vehemently. But that's just my opinion. The college thing, or helping with occasional unexpected needs, fine, but I did not take her family to raise. Age old argument for sure.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I respect your opinion, Che. Each of us must do what we feel is best.

I vehemently disagree unless there are extenuating circumstances. And I mean vehemently. But that's just my opinion. The college thing, or helping with occasional unexpected needs, fine, but I did not take her family to raise. Age old argument for sure.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Damn ...... the world must be coming to an end because I have to agree with Bob ........ all of Julie's immediate family members make more than I do and have not asked for anything .... to get involved with relatives that can't even feed themselves is in my opinion asking for trouble and if you are going to do it anyway don't cry about being asked for money ....... I did however LOAN her sister the price of a plane ticket so she could get a good price as it was on special ...... she is to pay it back when she gets her allowance the end of this month ..... the conditions were that if the loan was not paid back by then then don't expect any more regardless of the circumstance ....... Julie has explained to them that we are on a budget and not related to Bill Gates ....... the loaning only applies to immediate family and not uncles ... aunts or cousins ...... periodBut then like other things we talked about this long before we met ......

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
I respect your opinion, Che. Each of us must do what we feel is best.
And I respect those who have the wherewithal and the inclination to help a woman's family. There are many good families out there that are grateful for a little leg up and respect the benefactor. But in my experience there are far more that expect it and think that a foreigner should mold to their culture of children supporting them or supplementing the family income. BTW, I just used a different screen name on this forum. BobNChe is a mix of Bob Ward [no stones please] and Che, short for Che Che, which is Kristine's nickname.