At The Park Today Near My Home !!!

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

I decided to go for a roam around my area today and shoot some video i went to a local park called kariya park in Mississauga , its a japanese park dedicated to our city because Kariya Japan is our sister city !! i shot this with my Panasonic HDC-tm 55 camcorder and edited it in after effects i didnt use much color correction its basically raw footage other then a little vignette and some denoising please let me know what you think and i hope you enjoy this video !!!

http://youtu.be/Fo0ffUNpq1o

watch in HD if you can ok !!

O-U-C

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Very nicely done I enjoyed the music you added. I'm amazed how clean and tidy the park is kept.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

im glad you liked it !!! the music was from a royalty free site so no problem downloading it and using it in video's as long as you give credit which i did on my youtube page , the music was from a celtic collection they had , i love the music too because my roots are from the uk im a colonial boy LOL , yes they keep the park very clean there's also hidden camera's in case of something naughty hahaha or people doing what they shouldn't be doing pro photography isnt allowed there but since im no pro i dont think the city will mind !!! if our taking wedding pics you will need a permit just another way for the city to make a few dollars anyway what can you do ???

did you notice the pub at the end and the prices on the sign board 5 beers for $20 cdn can you imagine in the Philippine a place advertising 5 beers for 820 pesos hahaha I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES !!!

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well done sir as usual ...... I was also struck by how clean everything is and I didn't see any pee stains on anything .... LOL ..... so I knew right off it wasn't taken here in the Phils ..... LOL .... keep up the great work

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

LOL Pee Stains HAHAHAHAHA

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey .. O-U-C .... just started playing a new game called Special Opps . Hold the Line ..... beats the hell out of Max Payne 3 ..... I didn't finish M-P3 yet so I'll have to go back to it later when I have nothing else left to play ..... the new game is OK and take place in Dubai after the collapse and is in a constant sand storm ..... not to bad but no way to customize fire arms (well does have the use of a silencer) ..... ammo is really scarce and I have to keep picking up an AK-47 to keep shooting ..... one funny part of the game is if you get stuck and have to play a scene more than 5 times it asks you if you want to decrease the level of play .... LOL ..... never saw that before in a game .... anyway not bad as a third person shooter with 2 squad members tagging along ....

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

:P ill have to check it out bro honestly i haven't played much game or flight sim lately but hopefully i will get back to it soon , i go through fazes a few weeks of game then video editing maybe i have ADD i dont know lol

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hey OUC!

Is the park down by Square One? I think I had a lunch break walking through there one day while I was doing a course through AIG. While I was working in Financial Services, my office was on Mississauga Rd just before Erin Mills Parkway. When I wanted to go the the Chinese grocery stores, I would sometimes take the long way there by going past Square One and then back up Burnhamthorpe. Just a side note - BTrust used to sell me their huge (Egg Roll size) vegetarian Spring Rolls 12 for a $ and I would buy 10 to 20 dollars worth! This was when they were 10 for a $. I haven't been there now for over a year so I would hate to find out what the price has gone up to by now...

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Yes bob its right beside square 1 mall and also across from the fox and fiddle pub its a great park and nice quite place to escape the hectic city !!!

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

That was a lovely video, OUC – thank you! Very peaceful and soothing ……………..

I especially like the water feature and close up of the ducks or are they moorhens or cygnets?! Are you allowed to feed them????????? When we go to the park we usually feed the ducks by the pond – but sometimes, it’s annoying as there are also a lot of seagulls and they are very aggressive birds. One time my daughter was holding a hotdog while walking and this bloody seagull dive at her hotdog and frightened her …………... they have very strong beak.

• Like 3