Fiesta Time Driving Me Nuts

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its Fiesta week where I'm at. You would think its the loud disco music, motorcycles, karaoke and drunks that drive my nuts but you would be wrong.

For some reason that I don't understand, the Catholic church across the road seems to be reenacting the liberation from the Japs during the second world war. They set off extremely loud fireworks, more like artillery barrages than fireworks actually, at all hours of the day and night, at irregular intervals so you think they might be finished with it and then there is another barrage. They have bands marching up and down the street at all hours of the day and night playing music such as the Marine's Hymn (From the Halls of Montezuma). Then there are the incessant bells and the speeches over the loudspeaker. It scares the crap out of the dogs (and puts my nerves on edge and there is frig all I can do about it. Well, one of my foreigner neighbors takes a week long vacation every fiesta and I see why.

*Sigh

• Like 3

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

It all part of the charm :) Where else can you see marching bands at 4 am . We have a group of women come by at 4 am every few days with a mega phone to spread the world of God .

• Like 4

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

welcome to the Philippines, enjoy it :) I'm just glad no discos are hooked up next to my resort this time YET, I'm learning to cope with the videoke ...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

welcome to the Philippines, enjoy it :) I'm just glad no discos are hooked up next to my resort this time YET, I'm learning to cope with the videoke ...

:hystery: Ooooooooops! Hope you have not spoken toooooo Soooon here :unsure:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dave, I showed your post to few of the guys here at work they thought you were making all that up. It took awhile to convence them that kinda crap is just normal every day stuff. Only in Da Philippines. :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It all part of the charm :) Where else can you see marching bands at 4 am . We have a group of women come by at 4 am every few days with a mega phone to spread the world of God .

I get the same thing when I am in Dalaguete.The first time I wondered what the hell was going on.
  • Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

You are my brother in pain, i feel you as no one else!!! 5 years after i had bought my home, a church was build 100 meters away from my house and in a clear view from my second floor.

It seems to me they are atheist!!!! Here is a residential area, pleople go to bed by 9-10pm and you hear no noise after that time in the week days and max 11pm on the weekends.

Not when a fiest is ongoing though!!! The church keeps their litanies and singings and as if this was not enough, they have these huge speakers keeping everyone awake due to this!!! People are working they need to rest to go to work next morning, has the church ever considered this? I never step my foot in any church (for many reasons) but i did pay a visit on this one at 4am, it was a woman with a microphone "singing" and two yes two more people. i asked them if they ever think that people need to sleep so they can safely go and do their job in the morning. They replied "the glory of God that we praise will give them more than they need" ok i thought to my self or i kick their butt or i better leave and so i left.

Now my revenge is coming to them!!!! heheheheh devilish me!!! I do own a commercial lot just besides the entrance of this church. i do plan placing a lechon-manok business and have the smells fill up their singing!!! I checked all the relative laws, if i do not serve alcohol games or gambling, nothing they can do to me than buy my chickens!!!! hahahahahahha!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TIME THEY WILL COMPLAIN ON MY SMELLS hahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its over. It is noticeably quieter now. Only a very few pig, chicken and dog noises . . Very, Very few. Wonder what happened to all the pigs, chickens and dogs that used to make such a racket. Yep, lots of people are a little fatter today.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

No matter where in the world you are - when it's Festival Time? Sit back, relax and have another (root)beer! It will all be over soon!

:mocking:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

You are my brother in pain, i feel you as no one else!!! 5 years after i had bought my home, a church was build 100 meters away from my house and in a clear view from my second floor.

It seems to me they are atheist!!!! Here is a residential area, pleople go to bed by 9-10pm and you hear no noise after that time in the week days and max 11pm on the weekends.

Not when a fiest is ongoing though!!! The church keeps their litanies and singings and as if this was not enough, they have these huge speakers keeping everyone awake due to this!!! People are working they need to rest to go to work next morning, has the church ever considered this? I never step my foot in any church (for many reasons) but i did pay a visit on this one at 4am, it was a woman with a microphone "singing" and two yes two more people. i asked them if they ever think that people need to sleep so they can safely go and do their job in the morning. They replied "the glory of God that we praise will give them more than they need" ok i thought to my self or i kick their butt or i better leave and so i left.

Now my revenge is coming to them!!!! heheheheh devilish me!!! I do own a commercial lot just besides the entrance of this church. i do plan placing a lechon-manok business and have the smells fill up their singing!!! I checked all the relative laws, if i do not serve alcohol games or gambling, nothing they can do to me than buy my chickens!!!! hahahahahahha!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TIME THEY WILL COMPLAIN ON MY SMELLS hahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!

If you want real payback why don`t you open a chicken farm there? That is a worse smell than manok and don`t forget all the flies. I suppose the worst thing the manok would do is make them all hungry but you would sell more maybe they would leave the service half way through that would piss them off. Personally I say live and let live.........Joking of course.
  • Like 1