Marriage

wayneseymour
Posted
Posted

OK..OK I know its a broad very basic topic but I cant seem to find any recent updated discussions on it if there are any pls point me to them instead of me opening an unnecessary thread.. sorry for that, Thanks

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Perhaps you could be a little more specific to get this going? Good topic! :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

OK..OK I know its a broad very basic topic but I cant seem to find any recent updated discussions on it if there are any pls point me to them instead of me opening an unnecessary thread.. sorry for that, Thanks

http://www.philippines-expats.com/index.php/forum/17-getting-married/

Wayne did you check this forum out? as with Old55, is there a specific item you are looking for?

JP :tiphat:

wayneseymour
Posted
Posted (edited)

Perhaps you could be a little more specific to get this going? Good topic! :thumbsup:

I have read alot about the laws but havent heard many things on the ceremony..ie: do the family feel its best to go traditional?

whats considered a respectful courting period or is there such a thing there.venue that is considered the norm. how the family interacts in the marriage(you know the old tradition of the mother-in-law putting in her two cents) do family member influence things with your wife before you put a stop to it. will it offend them?.

Edited by wayneseymour
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have read alot about the laws but havent heard many things on the ceremony..ie: do the family feel its best to go traditional?

whats considered a respectful courting period or is there such a thing there.venue that is considered the norm. how the family interacts in the marriage(you know the old tradition of the mother-in-law putting in her two cents) do family member influence things with your wife before you put a stop to it. will it offend them?.

Hello Wayne,

Perhaps you can contact Paul and Elsa regarding your concerns. They are really good people

and are located in the Cebu area: http://www.cebuexpat...ng-planning.php

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 2

TheMason
Posted
Posted

do family member influence things with your wife before you put a stop to it. will it offend them?.

They won't be offended because you will not put a stop to it. Your wife might put a stop to it if she's strong enough, but anything you say regarding family influence will be largely irrelevant.

• 3 weeks later...
wayneseymour
Posted
Posted

revisiting this one to be more specific...has anyone heard or does there exist marriage scams there in PI, and how/what are the schemes? :tiphat:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

revisiting this one to be more specific...has anyone heard or does there exist marriage scams there in PI, and how/what are the schemes? :tiphat:

Well like anywhere there can be scams, the most public one was the guy who found his new bride had a package that should not have been there. Too tired to find the story now. :)

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Good point Boss man!!!

Hey, I know I love this country and Filipinos in general, and Filipinas in specific, but like all other countries in the world of course there are scams, too many to list and be specific, just like in all other countries.

Be smart, take your time, if you go looking for fish in a dirty pond you are not likely to find a clean tasting fish!

If you grab the first fish you catch, you might miss a much better catch later on!

If you fish with a net, you are likely to catch more than you can eat!

Come on now, this is all just common sense, and to be honest if you spend a little time looking through some of the topics listed on the home page for forums you will find a great deal of stories and advise, from those of us who have been there and done it too many times, and to be honest don't want to keep talking about our mistakes.

Needles to say, think before you dink!

You should make some great friends here as there are a great many of us who have made a great many mistakes, but if you asked us all what was the biggest mistake I should think the majority of us would admit that we were thinking with our little head when we should have been thinking with our big head. (Well I guess that depends on how big your head is....., or how little?)

It is the same all over the world, the only difference in the Philippines is that you are more likely to get it right and when you do...., well lets just say, I have never experienced anything like it, and I have no regrets, not even the mistakes, because I have found paradise, and I AM NOT LEAVING!!!

Good hunting, and do some research, there is much to read.

Papa Carl

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Great post Papa Carl!

I've been saying all along that it doesn't matter what country we are in - there are scams and issues in every country! The object is to find the country where we will be happiest!!! And for me, even before I get there, I know will be the Philippines! How can I say this without being there? Because that is where the person most special to me is!