Current Real Utility Costs For A Condo

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

I going to renting a condo, probably a 2 bdrm, with a buddy for 5 months and am curious what the true utility costs will be for water and electricity. AC will be running alot, at least 4 showers a day between us, will want cable tv as well. Based on your bills what should we expect to pay monthly. also any examples of condo fees in your unit would be welcome and if you can specify which apt or condo that would be great. thanks

phildiver
Posted
Posted

AC will be running alot Don't be so cavalier LOL Electricity costs lots here. About 25 cents per KWH. Ouch!!!. If you run the AC most of the time you are in the unit you can figure on a monthly bill probably in the 15,000 to 25,000p range for a two bedroom. Depends on efficiency of the AC, horsepower, etc..... It really is a difficult question but if you are from the States figure on a bill almost 3X higher than back home for same usage. I'd be interested to hear what your first bill is

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

thx for the reply. Ouch indeed. i had figured tops 5000 for electric based on various posts from other forums and ads for rentals, so with that in mind much less AC I guess.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I rented a 3 bedroom house in CDO and the aircon ran most of the time. My electrical bill was around 8000 pesos a month

• Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I rented a 3 bedroom house in CDO and the aircon ran most of the time. My electrical bill was around 8000 pesos a month

I do believe Mindanao has some of the lowest power rates in Philippines. Lately I was reading articles about the cost of electricity in Mindanao being brought up to levels like the rest of Philippines.

• Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

the average rate this month Davao Power 5.9778

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

the average rate this month Davao Power 5.9778

Wow. That's almost half of what I pay here in Bacolod. Ceneco's last bill was P9.646 / KWH.
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend lives in Laguna and her April bill (no aircon and she is very conservative) was 1309 p all up including taxes, for 121 kwh, which equals 10.8 per kwh. I only mention this for a per kwh comparison. Perhaps some companies charge on a sliding upward scale? The more you use the higher your per kwh?

If the monthly cost to cool a 2 br condo was $350-600 (15000-25000 p) I would think that would be a deal breaker for many potential expat retirees????? That is as much or more than the rent.

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

....i have a huge house, aircondition is running only during the sleep times (no needed other times, fan is just fine), i have all kind of electrical appliances, 2 refrigerators, 1 freezer, etc etc...lights are used only after dark, plenty of natural light in the house...

My bill is usually 3.500-4000p/month....

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

If the monthly cost to cool a 2 br condo was $350-600 (15000-25000 p) I would think that would be a deal breaker for many potential expat retirees????? That is as much or more than the rent.

You need to carefully check the contract when renting or purchasing property in a large development. The electrical, water and sewage fees may include add ons to compensate the developer for installation of electrical lines, water pipes and drainage system. This is the reason why one village might be paying more even if the power plant and power distributor for both villages is the same.

• Like 1