Current Real Utility Costs For A Condo

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yup! A lot of the cost is going to vary depending on what island you are on... what city you are in... and even what time of year you are visiting! The cool season is coming up - if you can call it cool... hehe!

Can you tell us where you will be looking to stay and what months?

• 2 weeks later...
gmb8585
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question, Bob. I'll be staying in Cebu and will be there from the end of November until the end of March. Will probably end of in Lahug, Mabolo or somewhere closeby

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

3 bed bungalow, Cebu City center electric bills about 5000 per month water about 400 peso per month, association fee's 1500 per month, we don't use the A/C so much this time of year but fans are running constantly when we are in (out at work all day) but add the office electric of 3000 our average A/C bill is at about 8,000.

Condominiums electric charges can vary depending on the owners so be careful, condo fee's generally vary between 1500 peso and 6000 peso depending on size, as your planning in advance I would recommend trying to get a condo in http://tancorcebu.com as they do short term rentals, not good for my business ( just free advice ) but if you don't find anything suitable please give us a call closer to your arrival

kaku
Posted
Posted

I've found the key tp keeping AC costs lower is to set the thermostat temperature a little higher (around 74+) and compensate by using fans. The electricity utilized by fans is a small fraction of that needed to operate an AC compressor.

jojones
Posted
Posted

In Manila I use aircon all day and switch to a fan at night. Works out to around 8k a month (in my last place it was 6.5k as I had a smaller aircon unit). Also 2k for Sky broadband and I'm guessing 1k for water.

manilavacationcondo
Posted
Posted

This is a sample Monthly Billing Statement month of January 2012 for our 2 BR Condo in Manila. Unit has 3 airconditioning units, 1 LCD TV, 1 refrigerator, rice cooker, washing machine, hot and cold shower, etc. With 5 occupants.

association dues for 49.82sqm unit cost PHP50 is PHP2,491

parking association dues for 12.5sqm unit cost PHP22.50 is PHP281.25

water charges for 24 cu.m. unit cost PHP20.04 is PHP480.96

power charges for 449 kwhr unit cost PHP14.35 is PHP6,443.15

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

TOTAL PHP9,696.36