Are Some Filipinas Blind

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Are some Filipinas blind What makes them like Kanos? :th_exactly: I know many of you are going to say money, but I know that there is really something else....... I have met a lot of single and married Filipinas when I was with my wife and they know I am happily married and yet they still say I am Gwapo, which I know that I am not........... I am but an average looking Kano and I think there has to be more to it than just the image of money since these ladies have nothing to gain by telling me that I am gwapo.......... Yes, they could just be trying to make me feel good, but so many seem so sincere and when I reply dili, they laugh and try to reinforce their original claims........ Now I know that this is not just me who they think is gwapo and they also think that most other Kanos are gwapo............ I have heard so many say it to their bf's or husbands and to other Kanos, so it must be something that at least some of them actually believe.............Recently my visitor from the USA and friend Frank who is just an average looking guy, was told by a number of ladies that they thought he was gwapo too, so again there has to be more to this whole thing, and I have even heard ladies tell down right ugly men that they are gwapo and they said it with sincerity IMO.Could it be the white skin, the big noses, the wider eyes and possible wider faces than Filipinos, or maybe it is the larger frame or structure of our bodies on top of all that, or could it be just because we are so different than what they are used to seeing on a daily basis........I know that in the states I get hit on by black women ten times more often than white women and I always thought it was because they could feel that I was not prejudice and sincerely enjoyed their company, so could it be that Filipinas feel that we love them or at the very least are turned on by them?? Some sort of animal magnetism? Yes, we are all animals of sorts and I am in no way insulting Filipinas with this comment. I have asked my wife and she does not know what it really is and I have asked her in all honesty if she thought most Kanos were handsome and she said no and that most are far from handsome, but she has been living in the USA for many years as we go back and forth, so she is used to seeing Kanos, so her answers would be very different than a lady who has never left the PI.Anyone have any ideas besides the money issues?? Maybe some of you can ask your ladies if they think all Kanos are handsome. Heck ask them if they think I am handsome. SugarwareZ-007.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Are some Filipinas blind What makes them like Kanos? :th_exactly: I know many of you are going to say money, but I know that there is really something else....... I have met a lot of single and married Filipinas when I was with my wife and they know I am happily married and yet they still say I am Gwapo, which I know that I am not........... I am but an average looking Kano and I think there has to be more to it than just the image of money since these ladies have nothing to gain by telling me that I am gwapo.......... Yes, they could just be trying to make me feel good, but so many seem so sincere and when I reply dili, they laugh and try to reinforce their original claims........ Now I know that this is not just me who they think is gwapo and they also think that most other Kanos are gwapo............ I have heard so many say it to their bf's or husbands and to other Kanos, so it must be something that at least some of them actually believe.............Recently my visitor from the USA and friend Frank who is just an average looking guy, was told by a number of ladies that they thought he was gwapo too, so again there has to be more to this whole thing, and I have even heard ladies tell down right ugly men that they are gwapo and they said it with sincerity IMO.Could it be the white skin, the big noses, the wider eyes and possible wider faces than Filipinos, or maybe it is the larger frame or structure of our bodies on top of all that, or could it be just because we are so different than what they are used to seeing on a daily basis........I know that in the states I get hit on by black women ten times more often than white women and I always thought it was because they could feel that I was not prejudice and sincerely enjoyed their company, so could it be that Filipinas feel that we love them or at the very least are turned on by them?? Some sort of animal magnetism? Yes, we are all animals of sorts and I am in no way insulting Filipinas with this comment. You stud you :th_thanx: I have asked my wife and she does not know what it really is and I have asked her in all honesty if she thought most Kanos were handsome and she said no and that most are far from handsome, but she has been living in the USA for many years as we go back and forth, so she is used to seeing Kanos, so her answers would be very different than a lady who has never left the PI.Anyone have any ideas besides the money issues?? Maybe some of you can ask your ladies if they think all Kanos are handsome. Heck ask them if they think I am handsome. SugarwareZ-007.gif
Hmmm, well my answer is a question. Why do we think most filipinas are maganda? Guess its the same thing and they appeal to us as we do to them. :thumbsup:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hmmm, well my answer is a question. Why do we think most filipinas are maganda? Guess its the same thing and they appeal to us as we do to them. :th_exactly:
I do not know Tom, I think a lot of Filipinas are very pretty, but I also see a lot who are not pretty at all, but it would seem to me that many think that even the ugliest Kano, one who if in his own country and with a hand full of hundred dollar bills would not be able to get horizontal with a lady, is handsome and that baffles my mind and there has to be more to it then the money issue.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Lee .... take it from me they are just being polite or are making bola-bola ......... hahahahaha ...... but I can honestly say I have never seen a real ugly Filipina ........ so there maybe something in what Tom said ....... I have just been informed that Filipinas like to see a change just like we do and so would find a foreigner gwapo to some extent but not every Kano ........

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hey Lee .... take it from me they are just being polite or are making bola-bola ......... hahahahaha ...... but I can honestly say I have never seen a real ugly Filipina ........ so there maybe something in what Tom said ....... I have just been informed that Filipinas like to see a change just like we do and so would find a foreigner gwapo to some extent but not every Kano ........
I do not know Mike, I have seen some pretty ugly Kanos walking the malls with some pretty hot Filipinas, so the girls must be blind or in love. SugarwareZ-004.gif

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
I've asked my wife this question in the past and she gave me several reasons (in no particular order) why many Filipinas think Kanos are attractive partners....
  1. White skin is an obsession with many Filipinos and fair skin is a highly sought after trait. Just look at all the whitening creams and soaps that are sold here. If Filipinos didn't think white skin was a prized attribute, they wouldn't sell so much of that stuff. As an example of the obsession with white skin, my wife and I took our honeymoon in Thailand and spent a lot of time at the beach and out in the sun. Her skin became noticably darker as a result. She even had a tan line. I thought she looked fabulous with a tan. She looked even more like a tropical island beauty than before. However, when we returned to the Philippines, several of the ladies in our neighborhood told her she was too dark, that she looked ugly.
  2. We're exotic looking to them. Just as we can't resist the exotic looks of an attractive Filipina, they can't resist the exotic looks of an attractive Kano. What is considered ugly in the west isn't always ugly here. Big noses are different, and therefore attractive. Being overweight (within reason) is often seen as a sign of wealth and status, not a negative as in the west, a short Kano is likely to be a giant in the Philippines, a bald man shows off more of his sexy white skin than men with hair, etc.
  3. Security. Kanos are viewed as more likely to provide a secure future. This includes money but also fidelity. The perception is that white guys don't cheat like Filipinos do.
  4. Just as some men want a hot little Filipina on their arm to show off, many Filipinas want a Kano on their arm to show off. Snaring an ugly Kano gives them more status than snaring an average Filipino.

Of course, these answers were all applied to other Filipnas and Kanos, not us. When I asked her if this is why she likes me, she said no, I like you because you're funny and gwapo.

Edited by TheMason

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I do not know Mike, I have seen some pretty ugly Kanos walking the malls with some pretty hot Filipinas, so the girls must be blind or in love. SugarwareZ-004.gif
I've also seen a lot of Kanos with really ugly Filipinas. The different cultural definitions of beauty cuts both ways.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I've asked my wife this question in the past and she gave me several reasons (in no particular order) why many Filipinas think Kanos are attractive partners....
  1. White skin is an obsession with many Filipinos and fair skin is a highly sought after trait. Just look at all the whitening creams and soaps that are sold here. If Filipinos didn't think white skin was a prized attribute, they wouldn't sell so much of that stuff. As an example of the obsession with white skin, my wife and I took our honeymoon in Thailand and spent a lot of time at the beach and out in the sun. Her skin became noticably darker as a result. She even had a tan line. I thought she looked fabulous with a tan. She looked even more like a tropical island beauty than before. However, when we returned to the Philippines, several of the ladies in our neighborhood told her she was too dark, that she looked ugly.
  2. We're exotic looking to them. Just as we can't resist the exotic looks of an attractive Filipina, they can't resist the exotic looks of an attractive Kano. What is considered ugly in the west isn't always ugly here. Big noses are different, and therefore attractive. Being overweight (within reason) is often seen as a sign of wealth and status, not a negative as in the west, a short Kano is likely to be a giant in the Philippines, a bald man shows off more of his sexy white skin than men with hair, etc.
  3. Security. Kanos are viewed as more likely to provide a secure future. This includes money but also fidelity. The perception is that white guys don't cheat like Filipinos do.
  4. Just as some men want a hot little Filipina on their arm to show off, many Filipinas want a Kano on their arm to show off. Snaring an ugly Kano gives them more status than snaring an average Filipino.

Of course, these answers were all applied to other Filipnas and Kanos, not us. When I asked her if this is why she likes me, she said no, I like you because you're funny and gwapo.

A damn good insight to this question :th_exactly:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

1 to 3 are great answers and possible reasons, but I think 4 is mostly wrong. While in their families eyes they may be elevated in stature and that might be more about the perceived money issue, I think that to the average Filipino, they are often thought of as bar girls or worse when with a white guy. I know this to be true because it has happened all too often to my wife when she was with me and to other Filipinas I know when they are with their white partners. ....IMO they are actually looked down upon for the most part here in the Philippines and that is very sad in itself.

til
Posted
Posted

A lot of the time they are beeing nice I think and they won't really admit it's only in fun.The long nose and white skin has been mentioned and I'm sure thats a big thing for them.And they measure you to real people, other kanos they see, not to movie stars or something.