Are Some Filipinas Blind

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)
  1. White skin is an obsession with many Filipinos and fair skin is a highly sought after trait. Just look at all the whitening creams and soaps that are sold here. If Filipinos didn't think white skin was a prized attribute, they wouldn't sell so much of that stuff. As an example of the obsession with white skin, my wife and I took our honeymoon in Thailand and spent a lot of time at the beach and out in the sun. Her skin became noticably darker as a result. She even had a tan line. I thought she looked fabulous with a tan. She looked even more like a tropical island beauty than before. However, when we returned to the Philippines, several of the ladies in our neighborhood told her she was too dark, that she looked ugly.
  2. We're exotic looking to them. Just as we can't resist the exotic looks of an attractive Filipina, they can't resist the exotic looks of an attractive Kano. What is considered ugly in the west isn't always ugly here. Big noses are different, and therefore attractive. Being overweight (within reason) is often seen as a sign of wealth and status, not a negative as in the west, a short Kano is likely to be a giant in the Philippines, a bald man shows off more of his sexy white skin than men with hair, etc.
  3. Security. Kanos are viewed as more likely to provide a secure future. This includes money but also fidelity. The perception is that white guys don't cheat like Filipinos do.
  4. Just as some men want a hot little Filipina on their arm to show off, many Filipinas want a Kano on their arm to show off. Snaring an ugly Kano gives them more status than snaring an average Filipino.

Of course, these answers were all applied to other Filipnas and Kanos, not us. When I asked her if this is why she likes me, she said no, I like you because you're funny and gwapo.

1 to 3 are great answers and possible reasons, but I think 4 is mostly wrong. While in their families eyes they may be elevated in stature and that might be more about the perceived money issue, I think that to the average Filipino, they are often thought of as bar girls or worse when with a white guy. I know this to be true because it has happened all too often to my wife when she was with me and to other Filipinas I know when they are with their white partners. ....IMO they are actually looked down upon for the most part here in the Philippines and that is very sad in itself.
Number four is not in line with the average Filipina's way of thinking. It's only for the ones who want to keep up with the Jones' and or show off. The average Filipina will be embarrassed and frustrated by all the attention, questions and comments she receives, and you will not even know it most of the time. And absolutely, they are looked upon many times as bar girls regardless of their position or status. 1-3 are spot on mate.After thinking about this in the am, I will say that if a Filipina exibited that type of attitude about strutting her Kano, I would run Forest run for sure. Edited by BobNChe

retired
Posted
Posted

Because the grass is always greener on the side ! Or was it a cow that said that ? :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Carl
Posted
Posted
Hey Lee .... take it from me they are just being polite or are making bola-bola ......... hahahahaha ...... but I can honestly say I have never seen a real ugly Filipina ........ so there maybe something in what Tom said ....... I have just been informed that Filipinas like to see a change just like we do and so would find a foreigner gwapo to some extent but not every Kano ........
I do not know Mike, I have seen some pretty ugly Kanos walking the malls with some pretty hot Filipinas, so the girls must be blind or in love. SugarwareZ-004.gif
and soon ya will see a handsome aussie with a hottie in the mall,just say hi Rob when you spot me.hope my new girl is at least a bit blind :AddEmoticons04230:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I still get the Guapo sometimes so you my friend are gona be a ROCK STAR!

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Hey Lee .... take it from me they are just being polite or are making bola-bola ......... hahahahaha ...... but I can honestly say I have never seen a real ugly Filipina ........ so there maybe something in what Tom said ....... I have just been informed that Filipinas like to see a change just like we do and so would find a foreigner gwapo to some extent but not every Kano ........
I do not know Mike, I have seen some pretty ugly Kanos walking the malls with some pretty hot Filipinas, so the girls must be blind or in love. SugarwareZ-004.gif
and soon ya will see a handsome aussie with a hottie in the mall,just say hi Rob when you spot me.hope my new girl is at least a bit blind :AddEmoticons04230:
So you'll be the one with the girl with a white cane? :rolleyes: SugarwareZ-003.gif