Benefits Of Srrv Holder (Special Resident Retiree's Visa)

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

More from the Philippine Retirement Agency

Being a holder of Special Resident Retiree's Visa (SRRV) , one can have the following benefits:

1. Option to Retire Permanently

• You may live, work and study in the Philippines

2. Multiple Entry Privileges

• You may travel outside the Philippines and re-enter anytime

3. Exemptions from:

• Income tax over your pension and annuities;

• Exit and re-entry permits of the Bureau of Immigration;

• Annual registration requirement of the Bureau of Immigration;

• Customs Duties and Taxes with regard to the importation of household goods and personal effects up to US$7,000.00;

• Travel tax, if you stay in the Philippines is less than one year from the last entry date; and

• I-Card

As an SRR Visa holder, the PRA can assist you in obtaining basic documents from other government agencies. These include, but are not limited to:

• Alien Employment Permit

• Driver's License

• Tax Exemption/Extension Certificate

• Tax Identification Number

• National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Thank you for posting this Geoff. I am considering the SRRV when I make the final move next Spring. For me the benefit of the SRRV is all the time and hassle I will save myself over a tourist visa or if I get married the BB stamp.

If I apply for the SRRV I will post all the details here for the benefit of other members.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Your very welcome! I am trying to put as much useful info on my real estate site and this is one of the links, building permits and government links are some of the others. Seems a lot of out of date stuff around so trying to keep as recent as I can find.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I've been seriously considering the SRRV Smile, because I am under 50. But the $20,000 locked in the bank sounds like a lot of money to lock away. It sounded better last year but now that I am looking at the money in my bank.... Maybe I should do the ridiculous visa extensions for 2 years then go for the SRRV Classic? It would be $50K but an investment instead of locked up in a bank.

Or would it be difficult to convert the Smile to a Classic after 2 years??

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I have called the Cebu office to ask the question for you, according to the person I spoke to this was the first time that this had been asked however his boss will have more detail as to this. He did say it was not possible to transfer from one to the other but you may be able to cancel one and re-apply for the SSRV. Here are the contact details

MS. ELMA A. CORBETA

Officer-in-Charge (OIC), Cebu Regional Office

Address: Shop No. 7, 2nd Level, Waterfront Hotel

No. 1 Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City

Address: DTI-NERBAC, Lapu-lapu Street, Cebu City

Direct Line : +6332.238.5693

Telefax : +6332.238.8001

Email : cebu@pra.gov.ph

Alternate Email : cebu_pra@yahoo.com

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I have called the Cebu office to ask the question for you, according to the person I spoke to this was the first time that this had been asked however his boss will have more detail as to this. He did say it was not possible to transfer from one to the other but you may be able to cancel one and re-apply for the SSRV. Here are the contact details

MS. ELMA A. CORBETA

Officer-in-Charge (OIC), Cebu Regional Office

Address: Shop No. 7, 2nd Level, Waterfront Hotel

No. 1 Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City

Address: DTI-NERBAC, Lapu-lapu Street, Cebu City

Direct Line : +6332.238.5693

Telefax : +6332.238.8001

Email : cebu@pra.gov.ph

Alternate Email : cebu_pra@yahoo.com

Use the telefax number not the Direct Line its not yet in service

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Thanks. I was thinking though it is not really 2 years of visa extensions for me. I am not there yet and will be almost 49 when I get there. I am 48 now, planning to move over there in January, and turn 49 in February, so I think I will play with visa extensions for one year. Then when I am 50 I can get the SRRV Classic. This will help me from tying up too much money at once, and gives me a year to make sure I want to stay. Or if I do something silly , like get married, in the first year I could look at other visa options...

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

If you have been issued an SRRV, are you required to have a return or throw away ticket when entering the Philippines?

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you have been issued an SRRV, are you required to have a return or throw away ticket when entering the Philippines?

I guess No2 covers this on the first post.

2. Multiple Entry Privileges

• You may travel outside the Philippines and re-enter anytime

But again for 100% absolute knowledge call MS. ELMA A. CORBETA.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I read somewhere on a PH government site (don't have the link with me right now) that, once you are a holder of the SRRV Visa, no onward ticket is required.