Airline Luggage Policy

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Here is the link to the Cebu Pac info re: checked baggage. There's a 20% savings for prepayment, you can only choose 1 option per flight but you can choose extra large and split the weight between the 2 bags. As for the heavy backpack/carry on, they are very strict with the dimensions and 7kg weight limit.
  • Like 1

Jimmie
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike. THis helps a lot. It looks like I could go up to 30kg for about $20 per flight.... so I think I could use a large bag(s) and just try to put as much gadget support stuff in there as possible, like power cables, cases, etc. I had heard horror stories about fees many times that amount... so prepay will definitely work for me.

Thanks again.....

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike. THis helps a lot. It looks like I could go up to 30kg for about $20 per flight.... so I think I could use a large bag(s) and just try to put as much gadget support stuff in there as possible, like power cables, cases, etc. I had heard horror stories about fees many times that amount... so prepay will definitely work for me.

Thanks again.....

I never put anything of value in my checked luggage. Heard too many stories of valuables going missing from checked luggage, especially now that you can't lock your checked luggage due to airport security.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
2 bags of 44 kg each plus 2 carry ons.

That much?? When I have looked at the websites of some flight companies, is the HIGHEST (for economy) I have seen 30 kg + 7 kg hand lagguage.

Cebu Passific told only 20 kg and 5 kg hand lagguage, or for a "fast" type of tickets only 5 kg and no more at all.

(The weight of only my laptop is OVER 5 kg... :boohoo: :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
That much??

Yes, as I said in my original post I got it in writing but that large amount is only abailable on Cathay Pacific and only available when flying from North America.

For some reason, when I go to their web site to confirm, it now says 2 x 23 kg carryons so I may have made a mistake in my original post or they may have changed. It is not a big deal as they did not honor it even then.

Read for yourself at Cathay site

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_CA/helpingyoutravel/checkedbaggage#A

but be sure to look for

Piece System – for Central, North and South Americas3

The carry ons are one standard carry on bag and one laptop bag

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Yes, as I said in my original post I got it in writing but that large amount is only abailable on Cathay Pacific and only available when flying from North America.

OK. Some odd/funny they find Americans needing more lagguage than Europeans :)

• Like 1