Good Restaurants In Cebu City

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anyone found a good restaurant or eatery lately? Perhaps someone who eats out most nights while in Cebu might have a favorite place to eat that they might want to share with us SugarwareZ-005.gif

Edited by Mr. Lee

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Cafe George in Banilad (spelling?). During my visits I eat there often great food.

til
Posted
Posted

I liked Cordova Food, cheap and good.Its right behind the pilipog bridge on the right hand side when you go from lapu lapu to cordova.I had one kilo of fresh oysters there for 60 pesos. It's the usual filipino food, well cooked (tasty) and a very romantic setting with tables on a kind of boardwalk over the pond there.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Anyone found a good restaurant or eatery lately? Perhaps someone who eats out most nights while in Cebu might have a favorite place to eat that they might want to share with us SugarwareZ-005.gif
I think the Boss man is talking about me and my wife. Yup we eat out most nights and I have found quite a few good places to eat. First and foremost there is Casa Verde near Robinsons. I find them to be the best value for the peso and they have another one at IT park and one will be opening soon at Ayala. I like the ice tea and the ribs are great at p168 with rice and veggie.Next favorite is Siam in Ayala and the food was great and the price was reasonable. Pizza Hut has bottomless ice tea and not bad pizzas but cost as much as in the states.Then there is Moon Cafe and it had good food too and not bad prices.Then Cafe Laguana, there are two of them at Ayala and both had good food and a fair price. Next there is Bigsbys and it was OK but not my favorite.Next there is Lemon grass, it was OK but nothing special in my book. Then Hukad, it has Filipino food and it was reasonable but the plates are so small that I had a hard time keeping the food on the plate and off the table, not for me but they do give all you can eat rice with the meals.Then there is Gerry's grill, good food and fair prices.I would stay away from TGIFridays but maybe it was just me, I ordered a medium hamburger and thought because it was an American place that they would know how to make it, wrong, it came out uncooked in the middle, I sent it back and it still came back uncooked in the middle and I had a hard time explaining to them that medium was not raw. In all fairness, the manager did give my wife's meal free and I just gave up on mine. IMHO McDonalds would be better for less.For Chinese we tried Ching Palace up by TY square and it was just OK IMO.Badgers, the food sucks IMO except for maybe the glazed chicken that Mike M said was good and the French fries and of course the San Mig lite.The Sandtrap, sorry but I did not like the food there and it was passable but nothing worth repeating more than occasionally.Phat Thursdays, I think the food was good and at a fair price but others have not been as happy.Kruathai was pretty good but very pricey.Rai Rai Ken was OK but not great.We often eat in the food court in Robinsons and I order a whole chicken for p180 and sometimes finish it because they are Small and sometimes take the rest home. Good place for a cheap meal.Family Choice not far from our condo and also in Country Mall, we usually walk over and back to the one near our condo and it cost p180 for all you can eat Filipino food and ice tea or lemon aid. Chow king, Jolly Bee, Mcdo and all the fast food places are OK but nothing special, I do like the Jolly Bee Ice creme SundaysMax grill was OK but nothing special IMO.The Light house is pretty good food and fairly expensive, high end for sure.Yellow cab, Mike S likes the pizza but it is thin and I like thicker pizza.The desert factory was good and the prices were reasonable and they had bottomless ice tea.Cheap chicken at a reasonable price is Mang Inasal at Robinsons and SM is good food at a very fair price.Joneys Chicken at SM is good chicken at a fair price.More to follow but none to get excited about that I can remember, or maybe it is the tanduay interfering with my thinking. SugarwareZ-004.gif .

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Is that all Lee? :SugarwareZ-034:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sorry, more to come as we eat there. or I can remember. :SugarwareZ-037: Edited by Mr. Lee

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

I think there are plenty of mediocre restaurants in Cebu, and being a hobby gourmet myself, the best meals are actually those prepared at home - or at friends. The best one in my opinion is Hola Espa

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well that covered it all in one post,I think there is a sidewalk BBQ he forgot but he got the whole of Cebu covered other wise,lolJust joking and thanks Lee for the information. :SugarwareZ-037:

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are several good restaurants here and there around Cebu. I'll save my list of the best for later, teaser, but one that did not get mentioned thus far and is one of the best for Filipino food at a reasonable price is Golden Cowrie on Salinas drive. The one in SM is not as good.FYI Lee, the Cafe Laguna inside the mall, not the Garden one on the outside, is supposed to have far better food. Most people say that, but I have not been there too often.

Edited by BobNChe

scianna54
Posted
Posted (edited)
There are several good restaurants here and there around Cebu. I'll save my list of the best for later, teaser, but one that did not get mentioned thus far and is one of the best for Filipino food at a reasonable price is Golden Cowrie on Salinas drive. The one in SM is not as good.FYI Lee, the Cafe Laguna inside the mall, not the Garden one on the outside, is supposed to have far better food. Most people say that, but I have not been there too often.
I ate at both, the food is the same.I can follow what Lee says and Panserhansen but it all comes down to what you prefer. For example, I love Bigbys's, the food is great and the portions are good, the selection of food is excellent. Pizza Hut is far cheaper than in Canada, TGI Friday's is overpriced and the personell concentrates more on chatting with each other than serving the customers. I like Krua Thai, excellent food.I don't like Lighthouse, the food is not very good and it takes forever. Overprized too.Nobody mentioned Guiseppe on Maria Luisa access road, excellent Italian food but they are getting more expensive now.Badgers - the food is a joke, I had Pizza once and my wife could almost not hold me back as I wanted to attack the chef and the manager. They serve the cheapest frozen supermarket pizza as home made. Good joke.. Edited by scianna54