Looking For A Good Dentist?

stevewool
Posted
Posted

me too was thinking of getting my teeth done too, well thats what Ems keep telling me when we go to the phils, be better and cheaper she says, well lets wait and see, but can i ask you this, being on say a holiday for 3 to 4 weeks, i am worried what if something goes wrong, i hate going to the dentish here in england so can you imagine what i will be like over there, that is unless i can see her great legs that may help

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm going to tell you a story about the worst dental experience I ever had. The female dentist repaired one of my front teeth and did a very delicate job of it, all the time telling me that next time I had problems with it I would need a root canal.

The next time I had problems was that night. The filling came out and I had half a front tooth and I had to be at work that morning, dealing with the public, worried about my tooth, and mad at this silly arsed dentist who had put in a tooth that could not even stand up to a good nights sleep (yes it happened in my sleep and I swallowed the bit of filling.)

So that next morning I told the boss I needed to get that tooth fixed before I did anything else. He thought he had urgent work for me to do and it could not wait. I showed him it could. I marched over to the dentists office. She wasn't in but her boss was. i gave him a piece of my mind and told him I wasn't leaving until the tooth was fixed proper. He told me to come back on his lunch hour and he would skip lunch to take care of my tooth. I did, and he did.

He sat me down in that chair and said: She told you that you would need a root canal next time right? I said yes. He did a root canal on my front tooth right there in half an hour . . . with NO anasthetic (I think he was pissed at me but he said he just didn't have the time for it as he just had to get 'er done). It hurt like HELL but I took it and said thank you very much and never went back.

I just had that tooth capped again, here in Philippines, 20 years later. I have had a little bit of other work done here too and none of it is as bad as that experience. So based on that one time, I could say that dental care here is better than in Canada, but I won't.

• Like 2