Suggestions For Area To Live Near Manila?

jojones
Posted
Posted

I have only ever lived in Makati (Pasong Tamo) and would like a change of scenery. Ideally something in a nicer area as I'm sick of the traffic, poverty and pollution. I would really appreciate any suggestions. So far I like the idea of the better climate in Tagaytay but it seems too remote, or the Fort area looks very nice but condo rental prices are quite high. Ideally I would like a nice area without being too far from Manila/Makati. Higher ground would be a real plus as I hate the humidity.

Thanks.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Do you have a CAR? consider Santa (Sta)Rosa Laguna.

its 20-22km from Alabang,40km edsa/shaw. its clean,has some of the stores that you would need

yet still close enough if you need to go to Manila you can get there(usually) under 1hr.

the nicer area (paseo de sta rosa ,,) is flood free 1285553792_87754986_3-Sta-Rosa-Estates-house-Mozart-St-Walking-distance-to-Paseo-de-Sta-Rosa-Houses-Apartments-for-Sale-1285553792.jpg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Do you have a CAR? consider Santa (Sta)Rosa Laguna.

its 20-22km from Alabang,40km edsa/shaw. its clean,has some of the stores that you would need

yet still close enough if you need to go to Manila you can get there(usually) under 1hr.

the nicer area (paseo de sta rosa ,,) is flood free 1285553792_87754986_3-Sta-Rosa-Estates-house-Mozart-St-Walking-distance-to-Paseo-de-Sta-Rosa-Houses-Apartments-for-Sale-1285553792.jpg

CMB, I'm looking for a place in Laguna. I probably won't have a car. Can you recommend any of the developments in your area where I can survive easily without a car? Preferably I would like to find a furnished place with month to month or max 6 month lease. Laguna Bel Air has a few; do you know anything about it?

My girlfriend says that traffic in Sta Rosa is very bad. Is it any worse there than other areas?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We live in paranaque, Lots of new Condo buildings near Sucat Shoe Mart. 30 min to MOA, an hour to tagayatay, Not to long to cavite or laguna either.

jojones
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them. Does Paranaque or Sta Rosa have better weather or air quality? Its extremely convenient in Makati so I need something like higher ground and/or a nice area with less traffic and/or poverty to make a change worthwhile.

@OMW - we don't have a car at the moment but it is on the to do list.

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)

I like Taguig. There's parts of it that are way cheaper than the Fort and just as nice.

Edited by TheMason

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Consider the area along Roxas Blvd. facing Manila Bay for better air quality. There should be less pollution depending on wind direction. It is sufficiently close to the Makati area.

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Go to Eastwood city, (google it), provides all that you are looking for. IMHO....

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Where ever you decide to go, check carefully for flood plain! I was reading in the news that storms and flooding like that right now is going to be common for Manila for the next few years. OUCH!

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Where ever you decide to go, check carefully for flood plain! I was reading in the news that storms and flooding like that right now is going to be common for Manila for the next few years. OUCH!

It's a common occurence in Manila already! For as long as i can remember, it ALWAYS floods in Manila August/September.