Which Is The Safest Area In The Philippines?

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Honestly...I have been nearly 2 years now thinking to leave Australia but safety matters to me...yet I keep talking to a billion gorgeous young women which doesn't help me to think properly.

Anyway, did anyone experience the same safety that you find in Australia in any of the most remote places in the Philippines or not even in the small town a foreigner can live in peace?

Thanks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

is Any Area Of The Philippines Crime Free?

Of course

post-1-0-70561900-1344673806_thumb.jpg

:mocking:

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Wallaby, let's put it this way.............Is it safe to live anywhere in Australia?

I have been comming to the Philippines for going on 26 years now and apart from a few incidents in the eighties in Mindanao when it really was something like the "wild west", i have never felt threatened in any way being here.

I'm now living in Cebu City and to tell you the truth, i feel safer walking around here than to walk around the main street of Bundaberg at night!

Ofcourse, just use common sense as you should do no matter where you are.If you are aware of bad areas then just stay away from them.Nowhere is gonna be perfect but the direct answer to your question "Can you live in peace?".........Yes you can but that also depends on you and how you live,go looking for trouble and you'll find it! That can be said for any place in the world and that includes Australia!

• Like 4

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wallaby, let's put it this way.............Is it safe to live anywhere in Australia?

I have been comming to the Philippines for going on 26 years now and apart from a few incidents in the eighties in Mindanao when it really was something like the "wild west", i have never felt threatened in any way being here.

I'm now living in Cebu City and to tell you the truth, i feel safer walking around here than to walk around the main street of Bundaberg at night!

Ofcourse, just use common sense as you should do no matter where you are.If you are aware of bad areas then just stay away from them.Nowhere is gonna be perfect but the direct answer to your question "Can you live in peace?".........Yes you can but that also depends on you and how you live,go looking for trouble and you'll find it! That can be said for any place in the world and that includes Australia!

Oh I have been in Bundaberg and if anyone just falls on the floor will be on the main page of the local paper... :lol:

I have been in many places around Australia....living not just visiting and most are extremely safe....but reading all the crime related news about the Philippines makes me wonder if I need a tank to go around there...

Edited by wallaby
  • Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted
I have been in many places around Australia....living not just visiting and most are extremely safe....but reading all the crime related news about the Philippines makes me wonder if I need a tank to go around there

Do you watch the news in Australia at all? Crime is happening there all the time just as it is here. You remember what the "Gold Coast" used to be like 20 years ago.............how would you like to live there now?

I am not going to debate with you the relevant crime statistics between Australia and the Philippines because i wouldn't know, nor do i really care, all i can do is to relate my experiences.

One thing i can tell you is that "bad news" sells papers, and especially here, a lot of things seem to be blown way out of proportion for the purpose of selling.I'm not saying it is a "safe haven" here, certainly not, but i also don't see how living in Australia makes you immune to crime.

Now, about that tank.............it will come in very handy here should you wish to drive.There are rules here but i have found out that the number one rule is.............The bigger the vehicle you have, the more right of way you have so if you bring that tank with you, you'll be "King of the road" :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted

As driving has come up here :unsure: I have attached something I found last week, I was going to save it for a rainy day. As we have a post on Driving, maybe it will raise a smile or two here, :)

http://www.hotmanila...ila0803731a.htm

Great article. The 3rd comment down, from "Alan" sums it up perfectly.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Safety comes with experience! ;) if you are not experienced then play it safe. I have lived in places here where I felt uneasy while other places like where I live now I feel very safe. it all depends on where you live there, If you live in the city you expose yourself to more people and more dangers. if you live in a province and have the wrong attitude and upset locals then it could be even worse. Some provinces are more foreigner friendly than others, resort areas are usually more friendly towards foreigners from my experience as the local economy depends on them ;)

• Like 4

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

I've been living in Cebu for 6 months, and been out and around from 10 am to 4 am, many times alone.

Never been afraid or worried, only used common sence and listen to experienced expats.

I also gained 8 kilo/15 lbs, so I guess the food can't be that bad either :mocking:

When you get here your filipina will take well care of you, and she know where to go, and not.

Most people seems to stay home after 7pm. After dark you take a taxi, very cheap (start 1 $).

I see more crime in Thailand in 1 month, than 6 months in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Do you watch the news in Australia at all? Crime is happening there all the time just as it is here. You remember what the "Gold Coast" used to be like 20 years ago.............how would you like to live there now?

I agree with you that the Gold Coast is one of the less safe places in Australia, however in other places, like in Tasmania for instance, the number of crimes is extremely low and weapons are rare.

So if a moderator is reading me, maybe the appropriate title for this thread would be:

"Which is the safest area in the Philippines?"

Thanks

• Like 1