Which Is The Safest Area In The Philippines?

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Actually, what are we going to do if Jake cuts loose?

He is known as gaseous Jake .... :1247: not to be confused with :714_full_of_crap: :e3358: ...... :whistling:

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

most of the crime here is about locals settling grudges with each other ,its common for 2 friends to be out drinking then one of them goes home and brings back a bolo or gun and sorts the friend out.foreigners will only be a statistic in the crimes if they go about flashing the jewelry and cash about lol.There is a lot of theft about here if you leave anything of value about it will get nicked in fact ive even had my garbage nicked but i don,t mind that lol.Its just common sense here let your girl guide you she will know where to go and not to she won,t let you out of her sight lol.The markets can be a hotbed for pickpockets as you stand out like a sore thumb so let your girl carry your cash I never carry anything when i,m out so they can rob me if they like lol

• Like 3

ACB
Posted
Posted

most of the crime here is about locals settling grudges with each other ,its common for 2 friends to be out drinking then one of them goes home and brings back a bolo or gun and sorts the friend out.foreigners will only be a statistic in the crimes if they go about flashing the jewelry and cash about lol.There is a lot of theft about here if you leave anything of value about it will get nicked in fact ive even had my garbage nicked but i don,t mind that lol.Its just common sense here let your girl guide you she will know where to go and not to she won,t let you out of her sight lol.The markets can be a hotbed for pickpockets as you stand out like a sore thumb so let your girl carry your cash I never carry anything when i,m out so they can rob me if they like lol

Absolutely right. Same goes for your passport and credit cards. Remember that your passport has a cash value in the wrong hands.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
Thomas
Posted
Posted

(Mainly for business owners) Concerning guerilla I suppose Bohol island is most safe, because guerillas have declaired Bohol a fight free zone. (I believe it was 2010.)

should you wish to drive.There are rules here

As driving has come up here :unsure: I have attached something I found last week, I was going to save it for a rainy day. As we have a post on Driving, maybe it will raise a smile or two here, :)

:tiphat:

In the Philippines traffic is MUUUUUUCH more dangerous than criminality :mocking:

Safety comes with experience! ;) if you are not experienced then play it safe. I have lived in places here where I felt uneasy while other places like where I live now I feel very safe. it all depends on where you live there, If you live in the city you expose yourself to more people and more dangers. if you live in a province and have the wrong attitude and upset locals then it could be even worse. Some provinces are more foreigner friendly than others, resort areas are usually more friendly towards foreigners from my experience as the local economy depends on them ;)

I aim at adding some jobs, so i hope they will like me too - but risk them, who don't get work, think different :unsure: :)

Well. Between Swedes it can be fist fights when alcohol involved, but weapons are almost never used by others than criminals and some immigrants with vendetta culture. So it can become a big difference for me.

tiger31
Posted
Posted

(Mainly for business owners) Concerning guerilla I suppose Bohol island is most safe, because guerillas have declaired Bohol a fight free zone. (I believe it was 2010.)

should you wish to drive.There are rules here

As driving has come up here :unsure: I have attached something I found last week, I was going to save it for a rainy day. As we have a post on Driving, maybe it will raise a smile or two here, :)

:tiphat:

In the Philippines traffic is MUUUUUUCH more dangerous than criminality :mocking:

Safety comes with experience! ;) if you are not experienced then play it safe. I have lived in places here where I felt uneasy while other places like where I live now I feel very safe. it all depends on where you live there, If you live in the city you expose yourself to more people and more dangers. if you live in a province and have the wrong attitude and upset locals then it could be even worse. Some provinces are more foreigner friendly than others, resort areas are usually more friendly towards foreigners from my experience as the local economy depends on them ;)

I aim at adding some jobs, so i hope they will like me too - but risk them, who don't get work, think different :unsure: :)

Well. Between Swedes it can be fist fights when alcohol involved, but weapons are almost never used by others than criminals and some immigrants with vendetta culture. So it can become a big difference for me.

my father always taught me it takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight ,and to this day that quote has held me in good stead .getting into a fight could cost you your life if an unseen weapon appears ,and that applies trying to break up someone elses fight its not a good idea .
  • Like 3