Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

Americano
Posted
Posted

Now that Interpol has a copy of the arrest warrant for Jane she should be arrested soon. What? You say it will be weeks or months before Interpol receives a copy?  Since an arrest warrant is a public record why didn't someone post a copy of it so I could forward it to Interpol in just a few minutes?  There's no reason for it to take days, weeks or months.

Markham
Posted
Posted

Now that Interpol has a copy of the arrest warrant for Jane she should be arrested soon. What? You say it will be weeks or months before Interpol receives a copy?  Since an arrest warrant is a public record why didn't someone post a copy of it so I could forward it to Interpol in just a few minutes?  There's no reason for it to take days, weeks or months.

For the very simple reason that it wouldn't be accepted. The (original) Arrest Warrant has to pass through the PNP's Interpol Liason Office in Manila and be forwarded to Interpol HQ who in turn forward it to the RCMP via its Interpol Liason Office in Ottawa. This takes time.

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

For the very simple reason that it wouldn't be accepted. The (original) Arrest Warrant has to pass through the PNP's Interpol Liason Office in Manila and be forwarded to Interpol HQ who in turn forward it to the RCMP via its Interpol Liason Office in Ottawa. This takes time.

You may be correct, but did you get that information by talking to Interpol or did you read it somewhere?  I called the chief of Interpol in Cebu City and he said the original warrant of arrest is not needed. Just email him a copy and he will forward it to his Headquarters office in Manila and they will forward it to Interpol Headquarters in France. That's why I said it should only take a few minutes. The authenticity of a warrant of arrest can easily be verified by calling the court where it was issued.

You have an Interpol office in Mindanao so you could call to see what they say.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Gee.. I don't know what to say... Except that everybody wants to follow the rules for other countries and other situations. What I've read on here so far means stretching this out even longer. Silly me...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted

I fell asleep for a bit

Did I miss anything?

• Like 2

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are a couple of items to update in the ongoing Harry Doyle murder case.

First:

The Perjury and Deformation Complaint filed by Jane Doyle’s Atty. Zerda in behalf of Jerome T. Devocion, charging Perjury  against the PNP investigators involved in the investigation and all witnesses involved in this case. The Resolution (N.P.S. Doc. No. XIII-05INV-12J-00307) has reached the final decision. That decision was that the criminal complaint had insufficient factual and legal basis and for reasons aforestated the instant complaint was therefore dismissed for lack of probable cause. Dated August 16, 2013.

Second:

Just over four weeks ago the first drafts for the arrest warrants for Erma “Jane” Undang Doyle, Jerome T. Devocion, Johnny Parian, and Jeffery “Opack” Parian were formally issued by the courts. Since the arrest warrant for Jane Doyle must be sent out of country, it is required that an official authenticated copy of the affidavit and arrest warrant be compiled in a file to be sent to Camp Crome, Manila to the desk of INTERPOL. Friday I actually saw the authenticated copies of all required original documents which has been compiled into a file. That file will now be sent to the Manila office of INTERPOL requesting a “Red Notice” and they will then forward it through diplomatic channels to Ottawa, Canada. Once Ottawa receives the “Red Notice”, authenticated arrest warrant, and all associated documents they will turn it over to the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). This file will be Faxed to INTERPOL, Manila and the formal file forwarded to the appropriate INTERPOL liaison officer tomorrow.

The NB Justice and Attorney General, RCMP, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, and the Canadian Prime Minister has be petitioned by members of a Canadian citizen group comprised of friends of Harry Doyle and concerned citizens seeking justice for the murdered man’s family. These citizens have been conducting a grassroots campaign led by Bonnie M. Clark Douglas.  

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 5

Markham
Posted
Posted

Thank you, James, as always for keeping us updated with the various machinations of this sad case.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

First:

The Perjury and Deformation Complaint filed by Jane Doyle’s Atty. Zerda in behalf of Jerome T. Devocion, charging Perjury  against the PNP investigators involved in the investigation and all witnesses involved in this case. The Resolution (N.P.S. Doc. No. XIII-05INV-12J-00307) has reached the final decision. That decision was that the criminal complaint had insufficient factual and legal basis and for reasons aforestated the instant complaint was therefore dismissed for lack of probable cause. Dated August 16, 2013.

Second:

Just over four weeks ago the first drafts for the arrest warrants for Erma “Jane” Undang Doyle, Jerome T. Devocion, Johnny Parian, and Jeffery “Opack” Parian were formally issued by the courts. Since the arrest warrant for Jane Doyle must be sent out of country, it is required that an official authenticated copy of the affidavit and arrest warrant be compiled in a file to be sent to Camp Crome, Manila to the desk of INTERPOL. Friday I actually saw the authenticated copies of all required original documents which has been compiled into a file. That file will now be sent to the Manila office of INTERPOL requesting a “Red Notice” and they will then forward it through diplomatic channels to Ottawa, Canada. Once Ottawa receives the “Red Notice”, authenticated arrest warrant, and all associated documents they will turn it over to the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). This file will be Faxed to INTERPOL, Manila and the formal file forwarded to the appropriate INTERPOL liaison officer tomorrow.

The NB Justice and Attorney General, RCMP, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, and the Canadian Prime Minister has be petitioned by members of a Canadian citizen group comprised of friends of Harry Doyle and concerned citizens seeking justice for the murdered man’s family. These citizens have been conducting a grassroots campaign led by Bonnie M. Clark Douglas.  

"first drafts for the arrest warrants"  The word first implies there will be more, so how many more drafts will there be?  I never heard of a draft arrest warrant. Doesn't anyone have the knowledge and ability to make an arrest warrant that is valid so they have to make draft ones first?  What a screwed up legal system. I'm still wondering how many people will die from old age before this case is resolved. I hope I can live that long. I can see it in court, the judge orders the defendant released because he was arrested using a draft arrest warrant.

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

First:

Second:

"first drafts for the arrest warrants"  The word first implies there will be more, so how many more drafts will there be?  I never heard of a draft arrest warrant. Doesn't anyone have the knowledge and ability to make an arrest warrant that is valid so they have to make draft ones first?  What a screwed up legal system. I'm still wondering how many people will die from old age before this case is resolved. I hope I can live that long. I can see it in court, the judge orders the defendant released because he was arrested using a draft arrest warrant.

Should not be too difficult to understand. The Prosecutor presents the case file before a judge and the first draft of the judges" findings is then handed back to the prosecutor's office who types out the second draft and presents it to the judge to sign. Once signed a copy of this second and final draft is sent to the PNP office. And since it is required to leave out of country accompanied with a "Red Notice" to arrest and extradite a suspect staying in Canada, it than requires that an authenticated copy of the second draft. This authenticated copy is sent to the INTERPOL office in Camp Crome, Manila; where it will go through official channels to Ottawa. This is to insure Canadian authorities of the authenticity of all the documents being forwarded to them  So yes it was actually  the first of two drafts of the arrest warrant as it goes through the procedures..

The PNP investigators had completed their investigation and had a closed case presented to the City prosecutor's office in approximately 6 moths from the evening Harry Doyle was murdered.  The last eight months was been the legal wrangling of the lawyers and court procedures. At least this case has progressed this far and it seems most cases of murdered expats never progress this far after years.  Now the Canadian courts will be faced with the extradition proceedings which will probably be at least six months after Ottawa receives the documents through INTERPOL. They are being very cautious and insuring they dot all "i"s and cross all "t"s because they will have to extradite her from Canada, and they will only have one opportunity to do this. They have also had to allow her and her lawyer every opportunity as they will claim how unfair the Filipino courts will be as she fights to stay in Canada. .

Witness dieing of a bullet would probably be more likely.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update: The Surigao PNP and the Providential Task Force captured Jeffery "Opok" Parian in his hometown of Gigaquit, Surigao del Norte. Jeffery "Opok" Parian fired on police officers who returned fire wounding him in the leg. Jeffery "Opak" Parian was carrying a .45 despite the Regional wide gun ban during the local elections. Jeffery "Opak" Parian was identified by witness as one of the two who shot to death Harry Doyle while at a family picnic at a Punta Bilar resort last year. His brother Johnny Parian was also identified in the murder of Harry Doyle is still at large. 

Jeffery "Opak" Parian is also wanted in the attempted murder of a Pakistani money lender were he escaped after a shootout with PNP who were close by and quickly responded to the shooting incident, and for the murder of a  Buenavista, Surigao del Norte businesswoman. Jeffery "Opak" Parian was #9 on the Caragao Regions Most Wanted. Jeffery Parian and his older brother Johnny Parian are both members of a Gigaguit Gun-for-hire gang operating primarily in the Surigao area. 

Presently the driver Jerome Devocion is still in Silop Prison on a warrant in the arson case of Miss Kima (Harry Doyle's former Secretary), the attempted murder of Arnel (Harry Doyle's former driver), and the murder of a retired Surigao police officer. Jerome Devocion is believed to have helped mastermind the murder of Harry Doyle along with the wife of Harry Doyle, and is believed to be the father of Jane Doyle's newborn son. An arrest warrant for Jane Doyle has been filed with INTERPOL which will be forwarded to Ottawa Canada. Jane Doyle who has been residing in Harry Doyle's home town of Fredericton Canada since she flew with his ashes a week after his murder. Jane Doyle has refused to assist the Surigao City PNP or answer questions since the day of his murder.   

• Like 4